Lewitt MTP 840 DM Dynamic Microphone
Lewitt Product Overview
The MTP 840 DM is a supercardioid handheld performance microphone. Its tailored frequency response means that your vocals will cut through every mix. The unique Active Mode boosts sensitivity by up to 12 dB while output impedance stays low. Excellent transient response, refined electronics, and superior capsule design make the MTP 840 DM a unique tool for onstage use.
The supercardioid polar pattern guarantees super-high gain before feedback. Like all microphones from the MTP series, the MTP 840 DM has an amazingly consistent polar pattern all across its entire frequency spectrum. And even with more than half of the wire-mesh cup covered, it will not lose any rear rejection.
Boost your signal by switching to Active Mode - for ear-catching realism and distortion-free sonic depth. Take control over the low-cut filter to adjust the proximity effect to the artist and the application.
The structure-in-structure architecture provides the basis for the MTP series' ruggedness. The outside enclosure of wire-mesh cup and ring is made of sturdy spring steel, while the body consists of durable zinc die -cast parts. The inner enclosure is made of resilient but lightweight nylon enforced-reinforced ABS. This design ensures the best possible protection for the rough daily touring routines.
Our internal dual shock mount system achieves the most efficient handling noise elimination. Refined rubber suspensions provide the best possible dampening of unwanted structure-borne noise caused by hand- movement.
- Type: Dynamic, moving coil
- Acoustical Operating Principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Range: 40 ... 18,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 3.5 mV/Pa, -49 dBV/Pa
- Signal / Noise Ratio: 75 dB (A)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 19 dB (A)
- Dynamic Range, Passive Mode: 135 dB (A)
- Dynamic Range, Active Mode:
- 121 dB (A) 0 dB gain
- 115 dB (A) 6 dB gain
- 109 dB (A) 12 dB gain
- Gain Settings, Active Mode: 0 dB, 6 dB, 12 dB
- Low-cut Filter: Linear, 150 Hz (12 dB/oct), 250 Hz (12 dB/oct)
- Internal Impedance: 600 Ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: 1,000 Ohms
- Supply Voltage: 48 V +/- 4 V
- Current Consumption: 5.5 mA
- Connector: Gold plated 3-pin XLR
- Microphone Dimensions: 51 dia. x 183 mm, 2 dia. x 7.2 in
- Microphone Net Weight: 336 g, 11.85 oz