Martin LXK2 Little Martin Travel Acoustic
Martin guitars have a unique, piano-like tone revered by musicians and music lovers all over the world. The X bracing patterns and quality tonewoods employed contribute to the complexity and richness of tone.
Over time the company has found ways to offer the Martin sound and feel for a lesser price and accommodate the entry-level and immediate player. Each series has a typical player and function in mind. This is accomplished by stripping down the features and cosmetics featured on Standard series models leaving the essential Martin build, giving you the classic and characteristic tone revered around the world.
Travel guitars arrived during the nineties and have never left. The idea of a compact scaled-down instrument with a ¾ scale length really embedded itself as a must-have item for guitar players. As well as being ideal for taking on holiday, many people like to have them as ‘sofa’ guitars, something lightweight and playable to strum in your downtime. Martin & Co. introduced the Little Martin to meet the rising demand for smaller ¾ scale length instruments. It has a proportionately scaled down dreadnought shape and comes with various options. It is an excellent inexpensive option for beginners, travellers or just regular musicians. Due to its size, the Little Martin has many practical applications.
The scale length is ¾ of a standard scale length with 14 frets clear of the body. Gauge .12 and even gauge .13 gauge strings can be used (it’s worth checking with our acoustic department before changing gauge on any guitar). The nut width is 1 & 11/16 inches, standard width on many guitars.
The LXK2 utilises high-pressure laminate (HPL) woods for the back, sides and top with a koa finish. HPL provides a stable material with which to construct a guitar body and offer the instrument at an attractive price. HPL makes a great deal of sense for travellers as it is resistant to the ravages of humidity which is such a bugbear for quality solid tops. Ideal for camping trips, festivals, gap years and safari. The satin finish has a smooth matt texture and is practical and durable.
A durable and water-resistant gig bag is also supplied to ensure that this guitar can be kept safe and dry whilst travelling.
See the whole Little Martin range. There are options for different finishes, electronics and solid tops.
Want the next size up? Check out the Martin Junior.
- CONSTRUCTION: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: Modified O - 14 Fret
- TOP: Koa Wood Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- ROSETTE: Decal (Gold & black herringbone)
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: Modified 1 Style
- TOP BRACES: Inverted 1 Style Crowned Cross Brace & Graphite Bowtie Plate
- BACK MATERIAL: Koa Wood Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- SIDE MATERIAL: Koa Wood Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- NECK MATERIAL: Natural Stratabond
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- NUT MATERIAL: White Corian®
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/Square/Tapered
- HEADPLATE: Koa Wood Pattern HPL/ Textured Finish/ Raised Gold Foil Logo
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Black Micarta®
- SCALE LENGTH: 23"
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 11/16"
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/16"
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Black Micarta®
- BRIDGE STYLE: 1 Style Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/8"
- SADDLE: 16" Radius/Compensated/White Micarta®
- TUNING MACHINES: Gotoh Nickel w/ Small Knobs
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin M550 Phosphor Bronze
- BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/ Black Dots
- CASE: Padded Gig Bag
- INTERIOR LABEL: Back label- Gold Foil Label with LXK2, Serial # and Patent #
- OTHER OPTIONS: Available left-handed at no additional charge
- OTHER COMMENTS: All prices & specifications are subject to change without notice.