Music Man Majesty John Petrucci, Ember Glow
Ernie Ball and John Petrucci have collaborated to create the latest Ernie Ball Music Man Majesty model, with premium tonewoods, DiMarzio pickups, ergonomic design, and a subtle yet unique finish.
The Ernie Ball Music Man Majesty has an African Mahogany body with a maple top and a neck-though body design, which delivers great sustain and resonance, a smooth Honduran Mahogany neck with 17” radius, and a durable 24-fret ebony fretboard with stainless steel frets.
The Music Man Majesty also has a Custom John Petrucci Music Man floating tremolo, allowing you to smoothly raise and lower the pitch while keeping in tune, and Fishman powerbridge piezo saddles which bring a full-bodied acoustic tone to an electric guitar, opening up another dimension of sound which is easily adjusted with the 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector to find the right sound. Tuning stays rock solid with Schaller M6-IND locking tuning machines which make restringing easier and quicker.
The Music Man Majesty has custom pickups developed by John Petrucci, especially for this model. There’s a DiMarzio Rainmaker humbucker at the neck, which has increased sensitivity to pick attack and a wide dynamic range, with a warm high-end and open mids, and a DiMarzio Dreamcatcher at the bridge which cuts through the mix by focusing more power on the low mids without a muddy sound. You can easily switch between tones with the 3-way toggle pickup selector
To complete the Music Man Majesty is Atlante Majesty inlays, matte black hardware, a centre strip of Flame Maple which adds a touch of the unique, and a bold Ember Glow finish.
Here’s what John Petrucci says:
“From the moment I plugged in the guitar and played the first note, I knew that we achieved Holy Grail-level results. With these pickups, the Majesty’s inherent tonal complexities and beauty are brought out in a way that gives the guitar an expressive, intense, fearless, creamy, gorgeous, pure, unobstructed, and addictively powerful voice. It literally feels like the guitar is alive and ready to jump out of my hands!”
The Majesty is the result of John’s unwavering demand for high-performance and playability. One of the most ergonomic and perfectly balanced instruments available, the Majesty features neck-through-body design, unparalleled upper and lower fret access, economical in-line control knob placement, and new digital pickup switching capabilities, which effectively eliminate the delay between pickup selection. The Majesty is the exemplification of everything we know a John Petrucci signature model to be - innovative technology, versatile performance, and a sleek modern feel.
The Majesty features John Petrucci Dimarzio Dreamcatcher and Rainmaker pickups voiced to perfectly amplify the tone woods and deliver John’s latest tonal range.
The Majesty features a perfectly balanced lightweight neckthrough body design, delivering unparalleled access to all 24 stainless steel frets, super smooth tremolo system, and ergonomically optimized control layout.
Hand-selected tonewoods imported from only the finest sustainably sourced wood suppliers in the world; bodies of alder, basswood, mahogany, and maple are individually chosen and matched for their rich tonal qualities.
The Majesty features an abundance of tonal choices including magnetic and piezo options, coil tapping, and up to a 20db boost for extra gain when needed. Independent volume controls allow for custom blending of magnetic and piezo pickups that can be used in mono or stereo applications.
Each Majesty is crafted at the Ernie Ball Music Man factory in San Luis Obispo, California. Blending the delicate touch of hand craftsmanship and the accuracy of robotic technology, we’ve focused on making the best playing and sounding guitars in the world.
Each Majesty features Schaller M6-IND Chrome Locking Tuners to optimize tuning stability.
- Model: Ember Glow
- Order: 3
- Size: 12" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 37" long (30.4 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 94.0 cm long)
- Body Wood: African mahogany with maple top and mahogany through neck
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man® floating tremolo of matte black, hardened steel with Fishman Powerbridge piezo saddles
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 17" (43.2 cm)
- Frets: 24 - Medium Jumbo profile, Stainless Steel
- Neck Wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fret Markers: Atlante Majesty Inlays
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester
- Neck Colors: Matches body
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: Through neck design
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls: Custom Music Man® active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm push/push passive tone for custom 2 pickup configurations - .022µF tone capacitor
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector, with custom center position configuration; 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector, momentary mono/stereo output knob (Piezo Volume)
- Pickups: HH - 1 DiMarzio Rainmaker - neck; 1 DiMarzio Dreamcatcher - bridge; Fishman Powerbridge piezo saddles
- Left Handed: No
- Strings: 10p-13p-17p-26-36-46 (RPS 10 Slinkys #2240 with added P01156 for 7 string models)