Neumann KH 80 DSP Studio Monitor
Neumann Product Overview
The KH 80 DSP two-way active bi-amplified monitor features a DSP engine with network control, a Mathematically Modeled Dispersion™ Waveguide (MMD™), an analogue input and an extensive range of mounting hardware. This allows the loudspeaker to be used in diverse acoustical conditions, with any source equipment and in a wide variety of physical locations. The KH 80 represents the latest in acoustic and electronic simulation and measurement technologies to ensure the most accurate sound reproduction possible.
The KH 80 DSP is designed for use as a near-field monitor, as a front loudspeaker in small multi-channel systems, or as a rear loudspeaker in a compact multi-channel systems. It can be used in project and music studios, broadcast centers, OB vans, and post production studios for tracking, mixing, and mastering. It is also well suited for use in domestic environments.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400.
- New in-house simulated drivers with metal grilles
- Powerful alloy fabric tweeter dome
- Elliptical Mathematically Modeled Dispersion (MMD) waveguide, with wide horizontal and narrow vertical dispersion
- Long throw composite sandwich cone bass driver with Extremely Linear Force Factor (ELFF)
- Two-color + dimmable Neumann logo
- Compact polycarbonate composite cabinet
- Large front panel ports
- One-piece front panel with no discontinuities
- Powerful highly efficient amplifiers with large headroom
- Independent thermo limiters for woofer and tweeter to protect the voice coils and power amplifiers. Woofer soft clip and excursion limiters
- Production consistency due to individual alignment in final test
- 4-position low-mid acoustical control
- 8 x Precision Alignment acoustical controls accessible via control network
- Lipsync delay (0 … 70 ms)
- Time-of-flight delay (0 … 70 ms)
- Linear phase crossover, with bypass
- Wide range input gain and output level controls
- Control network used standard Ethernet components
- Completely symmetrical internal signal chain
- Double insulated electrical design
- Universal switched-mode power supply (100 … 240 V)
- Extensive mounting hardware options
Just awesome. Forensic detail, incredibly transparent midrange, fast yet unfatiguing transient response (particularly in the mids and highs - it's a ported speaker after all - but low end is still impressive in that respect), sharp imaging, and outstanding dynamic presentation. They're also really enjoyable to listen to. I'm in love (and saving for the sub).