Roland HS-5 Session Mixer
Roland HS-5 Session Mixer Overview By GAK.
The new Roland HS-5 is a rehearsal and recording mixer for ensembles
The HS-5 is easy and convenient to use. It lets up to five musicians, jam, rehearse and record while monitoring with headphones. As a player, you'll have individual hands-on control of your personal mix and access to reverb and COSM effects for guitar, bass, and vocals. If you're a band, you can capture professional stereo recordings directly to a USB thumb drive, or connect the Roland HS-5 to a PC or MAC with a USB cable and record each channel to individual tracks in a DAW (digital audio workstation). Additionally, musician in the band can save their own unique settings, providing quick setups for recording and rehearsing in the future.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- A Personal Monitor Mix for Each Musician - The HS-5 allows every musician in a group to set up their own independent monitor mix using the Mix A thru Mix D switches located in the centre of the unit. Once an overall mix has been decided, musicians can use the My Mix knob to adjust the volume of their own mic or instrument, and they can also add ambience independently with their channel's Reverb knob. Current settings are clearly displayed with LEDs encircling the knobs, making it easy to check the status while playing. For larger groups, another HS-5 can be connected in tandem to accommodate up to eight musicians.
- Four Channels with Guitar/Bass Amp Modelling and Vocal Effects - The HS-5 provides access to guitar and bass amp modelling on four independent channels. This means that players can connect their electric guitar or bass directly into the HS-5 and jam with the same sound and feel as playing through an amp. Vocalists can also experience enhanced, studio-quality sound via the built-in compressor for each mic input. With the intuitive panel controls, HS-5 users can quickly adjust EQ and pan settings and dial in just the right amount of amount of guitar distortion or vocal compression.
- Capture Stereo Mixes or Full Multitrack Recordings - By connecting a USB thumb drive to the HS-5's Memory jack, it's extremely easy to record stereo mixes of group performances for evaluation and sharing. For more advanced production, it's possible to connect to a computer via USB and record each performer to individual tracks in popular DAW software. This powerful combo creates an incredibly simple and versatile system for creating complete ensemble recordings.
- Onboard Metronome for Tight Timing - Timing is essential for rehearsal and recording, and the HS-5 includes a built-in metronome to keep everyone playing together. Just press the dedicated Click/Tap button to start the metronome, and then tap the button at the desired tempo to adjust the speed for the music.
- Total Recall for Quick Setup - The HS-5's snapshot function allows you to save all the unit's current settings to a USB thumb drive. This lets your entire group resume performances right where you left off-even at a totally new location or a much later date.
- *Only one set of HS-5 settings can be stored on a single USB thumb drive.
- Performer-friendly digital mixer with high-quality sound and USB:
- -Up to five musicians can rehearse or jam while monitoring with headphones
- -Independent control of the monitor mix for each performer
- -COSM amp modelling plus vocal effects and built-in reverb
- -Record stereo mixes to a USB thumb drive
- -Connect to a computer via USB for multitrack recording in a DAW