Roland V-Combo VR-730 Performance Keyboard
Overview by GAK
The VR-730 V-Combo is the perfect choice for a player looking to bring an authentic organ style playing response and a great selection of essential keys sounds to their setup.
Unlike the smaller and more compact VR-09-B, The VR-730 features a 73-note waterfall style semi-weighted keyboard action, quickly lending itself to the playing styles of organ professionals. Common performance techniques like glissando, trill, sputter and percussive playing are easily accomplished and help you add character to your performance.
The semi-weighted feel also makes the VR-730 a great option while playing piano tones; the added resistance of the keys giving you greater control over the dynamics of your playing and the 73-note design offers greater flexibility over the playable range for splits and layers.
As well as the great action, the VR-730 remains a gig-friendly 9.9kg, making it the easy choice for musicians on the move.
- 73 keys (semi-weighted, waterfall keyboard with velocity)Keyboard ModesWhole
- Dual (volume balance adjustable)
- Split (split point, volume balance adjustable)
- 2-manual/3-manual mode (when using sold separately MIDI keyboard)SOUND GENERATOR SECTIONSound GeneratorVirtual Tone Wheel Organ
- SuperNATURAL Synth
- PCM Synth
- *GM2 compatible sounds are included.Maximum Polyphony128 voicesPartsOrgan (3 parts)
- Piano (2 parts)
- Synthesizer (2 parts)
- Drum (1 part)
- GM2 (16 parts)Sounds268 soundsRegistrations100 (4 x 25 banks)Effects (7 systems always on / global control)Overdrive
- Multi-effects: 20 types
- Delay: 6 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Rotary: 3 typesSMF/AUDIO FILE PLAYER SECTIONPlayable File FormatSMF File: Format 0, 1
- Audio File: WAV, AIFF, MP3Recording FormatSMF File: Format 0
- Audio File: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear, stereo)LOOPER SECTIONRecording Time20 seconds (stereo)Recording/Loadable File FormatAudio File: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear, stereo)OTHERRhythm Patterns52ControllerVirtual Tone Wheel organ: Harmonic bar x 10
- Synthesizer controller: Slider x 5
- D-BEAM controller
- Pitch bend/Modulation lever
- Effects knob x 6 (global control)DisplayGraphic LCD 128 x 64 dotsExternal MemoryUSB Flash MemoryConnectorsOutput (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- EXT INPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- DAMPER jack: TRS 1/4-inch phone type
- EXPRESSION PEDAL jack: TRS 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- PK IN connector: 8-pin DIN type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB Type B (supports USB MIDI)
- USB MEMORY port: USB Type A
- DC IN jackPower SupplyAC adaptor
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 8Current Draw600 mAExpected battery life under continuous use:Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approx. 5 hours (approx. 3 hours if USB flash drive is connected)
- These figures will vary depending on the specifications of the batteries and the actual conditions of use.
- * Carbon-zinc batteries and alkaline batteries cannot be usedAccessoriesOwner’s Manual
- Leaflet using the unit safely
- AC adaptor
- Power cord
- Ferrite coreOptions (sold separately)Keyboard stand (*1): KS-18Z, KS-12
- Damper pedal: DP series
- Expression pedal: EV series
- Pedalboard: PK-9
- USB Flash Memory (*2)
- *1 When using the KS-18Z, ensure that the height of the unit is one meter or lower.
- *2 Use a commercially available USB flash drive or a USB flash drive sold by Roland. However, we cannot guarantee that all commercially available USB flash drives will work with this unit.SIZE AND WEIGHTWidth 1,215 mm
- 47-7/8 inches Depth 366 mm
- 14-7/16 inches Height 124 mm
- 4-7/8 inches Weight (excluding AC adaptor) 9.9 kg
- 21 lbs 14 oz
No upgrades available
Phenomenal; sound, easy to use. Was considering a Nord but found the build quality poor and the waterfall keyboard was distinctly 'loose'. We all have our preferences but although the pro-Nordies will dispute it, I simply couldn't justify the extra cost when this product delivered outstanding build quality and a brilliant sound package.