Shure KSM44A Microphone
Shure KSM44A Microphone Product Overview by GAK
The Shure KSM44A Microphone has become a flagship in premium, high-level studio performance. A large dual-diaphragm condenser microphone, the KSM44A is engineered to cater to the requirements of studio recording musicians to offer both flexibility and outstanding performance.
The KSM44A features numerous polar pattern options (cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional) and sports externally biased, dual 1-inch diaphragms which deliver unparalleled transient response. The full-range frequency response (20 Hz - 20KHz) allows extremely accurate vocal and instrumental reproduction and the Class A transformer-less preamplifier circuitry eliminates cross-over distortion and noise on output.
- Dual 1-inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24-karat gold-layered, low mass, Mylar diaphragms provide superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response and no crossover distortion; Minimizes harmonic and intermodulation distortions
- Full-range frequency response (20 Hz - 20 KHz) for an extremely accurate reproduction of voice and instruments
- Extremely low self noise (7 dBA) for critical studio vocal recording
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz
- 15 dB attenuation switch for handling high input SPL sound sources
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter virtually eliminates unwanted background noise and controls proximity effect
- Durable zinc die-cast housing and hardened low carbon steel grille to protect the cartridge from accidental drops or misuse
- Uniform polar response provides natural off-axis response for critical recording
- An integrated three-stage pop protection grille to guard against wind and breath noise
- An internal shock mount to reduce unwanted handling and stand noise
- This product is supplied with a ShureLockTM swivel mount, Padded, zippered carrying bag.
- Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference.
- Cartridge Type: Externally Biased Condenser
- Polar Patterns: Switchable, Cardiod, Omnidirectional and Figure-8
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): Cardioid: 120 dB With Attenuator On - 125 dB, Omnidirectional: 122 dB With Attenuator On - 128 dB, Figure-8: 121 dB With Attenuator On - 127 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Cardioid: 87 dB, Omnidirectional: 84 dB, Figure-8: 84 dB
- Maximum SPL: Cardioid: 127 dB With Attenuator On - 132 dB, Omnidirectional: 132 dB With Attenuator On - 138 dB, Figure-8: 131 dB With Attenuator On - 137 dB
- Power: 48 Vdc = 4 Vdc (IEC-268-15/DIN 45 596), Positive Pins 2 and 3
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Output Connectors 3-Pin XLR Type
- Pad: Switchable 15 dB Attenuator
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 3 Position Switch: Off - Incoming Signal Remains Unaltered, Low Frequency Cutoff - Provides an 18 dB-per-Octave Cutoff @ 80 Hz, Low Frequency Rolloff - Provides a 6dB-Per-Octave Rolloff Filter at 115Hz
- Dimensions: 187 x 55.9mm LxW
- Weight: 490.50 g, (17.30 oz.)
Excellent high quality item and great service froM GAK The price was also the best of any retailer