Shure KSM8 Dualdyne Vocal Microphone, Black
Shure KSM8 Dualdyne Vocal Microphone, Black Product Overview by GAK
The groundbreaking Shure KSM8 Dualdyne Vocal Microphone Black is designed for unparalleled live vocal reproduction and is the world's first dual-diaphragm dynamic handheld microphone.
The patented cartridge design features one ultra-thin active diaphragm and one passive. It also incorporates a revolutionary inverted airflow system which allows outstanding consistency of the cardioid polar pattern. The accurate frequency response allows for neutral mid-and-high frequency reproduction. It has no proximity effect, and off-axis attenuation is flat and wide which ensures reliable rejection of unwanted sources, increasing vocal clarity.
Aside from its remarkable technical specifications, the KSM8 sports a dent-resistant, hardened carbon-steel grille design lined with hydrophobic woven fabric provides exceptional plosive and wind protection, while offering virtually waterproof protection.
- Patented cartridge design featuring two ultra-thin diaphragms (one active and one passive) and groundbreaking inverted airflow system.
- Exceptional control of proximity effect vastly increases working distance without on-axis coloration.
- Accurate frequency response due to controlled proximity effect which allows for neutral mid-and-high frequency reproduction, resulting in the most natural sounding dynamic microphone available.
- Off-axis attenuation is flat and broad resulting in superior quality of rejection of unwanted sound sources for increased vocal clarity.
- Advanced Pneumatic Shock Mount design for exceptional rejection of handling noise without any loss of low frequency response.
- Dent-resistant, hardened carbon-steel grille design lined with hydrophobic woven fabric provides exceptional plosive and wind protection, while offering virtually waterproof protection.
- Available in select Shure wireless systems, compatible with all interchangeable Shure handheld wireless transmitters
- Cartridge Type: Dual-Diaphragm Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 40 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 300 ohms
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage -51.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV)
- Polarity Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Net Weight: 330 g (11.64 oz.)
- Connector Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Housing Die-cast Aluminum with Paint or Brushed Nickel Finish
No upgrades available