Source Audio SA262 Ventris Dual Reverb Pedal
The Source Audio Ventris Dual Reverb was a monumentally ambitious project. The 2016 release of the Nemesis Delay introduced an engineering plateau for Source Audio, but the Ventris Dual Reverb takes guitar effects engineering to new heights. This supremely intelligent pedal features two completely independent reverb processors, essentially housing a perfect pair of high-powered reverb pedals in a single box. It is the Ventris Dual Reverb’s powerful dual processing that sets the pedal apart from its predecessors and introduces a forward leap in sound quality and function. Why?
- Dual Reverb Effects: The power to combine two reverb engines truly expands the ambient possibilities and unleashes the creative mind.
- True Spillover: Seamless and unlimited “spillover” from one preset to the next is an enormous advantage in live situations. There are no limitations in terms of reverb type or the duration of the transition.
- Massive Processing Power: Dual processing eliminates bloated all-in-one reverb programs. Instead of being forced to allocate 5% of the processing power to something vital and complex like the True Spring reverb, we can now dedicate 100% of the processor, opening the door to a new frontier of realism and sonic exploration.
Source Audio’s two man engineering team of Bob Chidlaw and Jesse Remignanti took extreme care in crafting the Ventris Reverb’s exceptionally spacious tones, covering all the bases from beautifully natural reverberations to haunting “unnatural” tones. The Ventris Dual Reverb includes 12 onboard reverb engines as well as an ever-expanding collection of reverb effects available via the Neuro Mobile App or Neuro Desktop Editor.
The True Spring engine takes full advantage of the Ventris Dual Reverb’s immense processing might, perfectly capturing the unmistakable “drip” of vintage spring reverb tanks. It was a massive undertaking, requiring a deep understanding of the physical characteristics of reverb springs, advanced experience in sound design, and exceptional processing power. Chief Scientist Bob Chidlaw drew upon all his knowledge and experience in the creation of the True Spring engine, from his days as head engineer at Kurzweil to the creation of Source Audio’s Soundblox 2 Dimension Reverb. The result is an exceptionally realistic sound that flawlessly captures all the subtleties and idiosyncrasies of classic spring reverb equipped amplifiers.
In addition to the True Spring engine, the Ventris delivers a comprehensive collection of perennial reverb favorites. The Plate reverb engine has the marvelously lush and diffuse effect found in classic plate fixtures from the late 1950s. There are also excellent simulations of natural acoustic spaces - choose from a range of room sizes starting with the warm and tight subtleties of the Room engine and advancing to the expansive reverberations of the gargantuan E-Dome. Finally, the Hall engine captures the lush sounds of high-powered Lexicon rack units from the 1980s.
The Ventris also offers a fantastic collection of unnatural reverb effects. The Swell engine creates a reverb volume swell for gradually emerging pads of sound. Shimmer mixes in two pitch-shifting reverberations, adding a touch of angelic or demonic sheen. Reverse turns the verb around for a chilling and dramatic backmasking effect. The Offspring engine resurrects the forgotten “Laserverb” effect from early Kurzweil rack units — it is a unique retro-futuristic sound that conjures images of sci-fi battles from a galaxy far, far away.
The Ventris Dual Reverb also features a long list of mandatory control functions and introduces some bold new ones. The A+B toggle switch makes it super-easy to select between the pedal’s two signal processors or combine them into entirely unique dual reverb effects. Stereo Inputs and Outputs provide a mega-wide stereo spread for larger-than-life ambience. The OPTION Footswitch offers a variety of hands-free control options including preset scrolling, A to B processor toggling, reverb hold, runaway reverb, and tap tempo. The Ventris also features 8 onboard presets, full MIDI functionality (extending the preset number to 128), expression control, external preset switching, and more.
Finally the Ventris is compatible with the Neuro Desktop Editor and Mobile App. Connect the Ventris Dual Reverb to either of our Neuro Editors and choose from an expanding palette of additional reverb types. Use the Neuro’s advanced set of deep editing parameters to create highly customized reverb effects. Easily burn your edited tones directly to the any of the Ventris’s effect selector positions or to one of its 128 preset slots.
- Includes 9v DC power supply (400mA / Negative Tip)
- Includes 1/8” to 1/4” cable for Neuro Mobile App connection.
- Power Consumption — 280mA
- Brushed anodized aluminum housing.
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs)
- Weight: 1 lb./0.45 kg.
- Maximum Input Level: +6.54 dBV = 8.76 dBu = 2.12 V RMS = 6.0 V p-p
- Full Scale Output Level: +6.54 dBV = 8.76 dBu = 2.12 V RMS = 6.0 V p-p
- Input Impedance: 1 MegaOhm (1 MΩ)
- Output Impedance: 600 Ohm (600 Ω)
- 110 dB DNR Audio Path
- 24-bit Audio Conversion
- 56-bit Digital Data Path
No upgrades available
Best reverb I’ve ever owned.
This pedal is incredible on my synths.shimmer less obvious than a big sky.i chose this over gfi tempus because it has a treble control and is easier to use.