Steinberg UR22 Mk2 USB Audio Interface
The New Steinberg UR22mkII is a USB 2.0 audio and MIDI interface that features two ins and two outs. The UR22 MK2 has a Mix control on the front panel and provides hardware-based, latency-free monitoring with Cubase or any other DAW software for a truly professional recording experience. Two balanced Neutrik combo inputs, studio-grade D-PRE microphone preamps, two balanced line outputs and the onboard MIDI port provide flexible I/O options for small recording studios as well as mobile recording and production setups. Housed in a rugged metal case, the UR22mkII gives you fantastic sound quality while being robust enough to take with you when you're on the move, providing a perfect companion to your laptop or iPad.iPad ready
The UR22mkII turns your iPad into a full-on professional music production platform. Connect to your iPad with CC Mode using either the Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter. The power input socket supplies your UR22mkII with the electrical voltage needed to run professional equipment such as condenser microphones requiring +48 V phantom power by letting you plug in a USB power adapter or a USB battery pack. And with the included Cubasis LE version for iOS, you can start recording and mixing straight away, with the option to upgrade to the full Cubasis version via in-app purchase.
The world is yours
Together with the included Cubase AI and Cubasis LE software, the UR22mkII audio and MIDI interface is a fully-fledged mobile recording studio. Offering easy and stable connection to PC or Mac computers, the MKII version now adds pro-level recording for iPad with the CC Mode and external power input. The UR22mkII offers total mobility, ultra-solid build quality and incredible sound characteristics for its price class, covering all aspects of recording and production in small studio environments as well as mobile production situations.
The power to perform
The UR22mkII is designed for touring bands, gigging guitarists and mobile DJs. This compact interface fits snugly into your bag or case yet thanks to its steel casing, it’s virtually indestructible. The UR22mkII offers the same performance hallmarks of as its bigger siblings, the UR824 and the UR28M, such as premium-quality D-PRE preamps, switchable phantom power, a Hi-Z input for guitar and bass recording as well as 24/192 sound quality. Take it to your rehearsal space or your next gig or show — wherever you are, the UR22mkII provides breathtaking audio quality and reliability.
The UR22mkII is designed to give you completely dependable performance and a sound quality that can only be described as outstanding for a bus-powered USB interface. And these qualities make it an ideal mobile solution for recording gigs, choirs, concerts or field recordings. With the D-PRE mic preamp, the UR22mkII is equipped to offer a sumptuously detailed sound far beyond what is normally expected of compact interfaces in this price class. And despite its modest size it features switchable phantom power and thus allows you to connect a wide variety of microphones — up to the most expensive condenser mics. All AD/DA conversion is accomplished using choice components that deliver a transparent, detailed sound that does full justice to the original source.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Record and compose music in studio quality on your laptop or iPad with the UR22mkII. Engineered to offer outstanding quality for its price class, the UR22mkII offers a full-on mobile production platform for laptops and - using the additional power input - also for iPads. Plug in condenser and dynamic microphones to one of the two onboard D-PRE preamps, connect your guitar to the Hi-Z input, add MIDI equipment via the onboard MIDI I/O and connect monitor speakers and headphones to monitor your sound. The UR22mkII is the ideal portable production interface for your PC, Mac or iPad.
- UR22mkII - The Steinberg UR22mkII is a 2-in/2-out USB 2.0 audio interface featuring two world-renowned D-PRE microphone preamps to capture all the subtleties and expressiveness of any audio source. Including all the features from its predecessor, the MKII now also offers full iPad support and Loopback capability.
- D-PRE - The D-PRE uses an inverted Darlington circuit where a total of four transistors per input are used instead of the typical two. As a result, the D-PRE offers an immaculately clean sound with very low distortion, regardless of the signal level.
- 192 kHz - As one of the only interfaces in its price class, the UR22mkII offers professional 192 kHz recording for even better fidelity when recording and reproducing sound.
- iPad-ready - The CC Mode connects your iPad via the Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, while the power input enables full-on mobile recording when connected to your iPad, for example with the Cubasis LE production app for iOS.
- About Cubase AI - This box includes an access code for the Cubase AI download version. Software and manual download, product activation, support and upgrades require prior product registration via the Internet.
- Connection type - USB 2.0
- Design - Desktop (1/3 19", 1HU)
- USB-powered - Yes
- AD/DA - 24-Bit
- Maximum sample rate - 192 kHz
- Frequency range - 20 Hz to 22 kHz
- Dynamic range input - 101 dB (A-weighted)
- Class compliant mode - Yes
- Loopback function - Yes