Strymon Sunset Dual Overdrive Pedal
Strymon Sunset Dual Overdrive Pedal Product Overview
The Strymon Sunset Overdrive brings you the some of the best of the best overdrive circuits available. With two custom voiced channels providing instantly gratifying control over a huge range of tones and gig friendly simplicity.
Strymon studied six circuit types found in some of the most timeless and iconic overdrive and boost pedals available, they then
The results of their
With six different circuits and optimised stacking the Strymon Sunset will nail the drive tone you're looking for.
- The Ge overdrive combines the softer response of germanium diodes, with a parallel path that blends in the dry signal as the Drive is backed down
- The Texas overdrive employs a single stage soft-clipper configuration that is filtered before and after the gain stage to create a smooth and dynamic overdrive.
- The 2stage overdrive combines a soft-clipping stage followed by a hard-clipping stage, creating a complex overdrive with a wide range of gain.
- The Hard overdrive uses a single-stage hard-clipping circuit that has a ton of available gain, approaching fuzz territory with the Drive knob maxed out.
- The Treble type is a treble booster that removes the low frequencies as the Tone knob is turned up – great for tightening up an overdriven amp, or another drive pedal that's a little looser.
- The JFET type is a clean boost that subtly beefs up your signal with the dynamics and responsiveness created from the JFET front end. Great for giving your amp a little extra.
No upgrades available
Absolutely great overdrive pedal with a plenty of great sound options. Definitely reccommended!
I have the Riverside which I think I prefer. The Riverside is easy to dial in and gives great overdriven am sounds. The Sunset as clever as it is is very amp sensitive and takes time to dial in. I think this is more my issue than the pedal.