Vox StompLab IIG Modeling Guitar Effects Pedal
Introducing the new series of multi-effects pedals from Vox, the StompLab IIG! These compact, yet powerful pedal units are designed for ease of use and are packed full of great effects. Presets are saved in genre categories, with 10 variations under each genre, which cover traditional tones as well as quirky, unusual sounds. The addition of an expression pedal to the unit gives the Vox StompLab even greater control and versatility. Built into a sophisticated, compact metal casing the StompLab IIG is built to last!
- A total of 100 preset programs are categorized into styles such as rock, blues, metal, and pop
- Easy to use interface; even novice users can instantly access the sounds they want!
- StompLab IIG provides 104 types of modeling effects
- Each effect model boasts a sound engine that has been distilled from the worldwide best-selling VT series of modeling amps as well as the ToneLab series of multi-effect units.
- Edit and save 20 of your own user programs
- Up to 8 effect models can be used simultaneously
- Sophisticated appearance that was unimaginable for older effect units.
- The StompLab IIG provides an expression pedal that lets you control a variety of effect parameters including wah and volume
- Two-way power; works on batteries or on the AC adapter (separately sold)
- Built-in auto chromatic tuner with bypass and mute functions
I only got this to use indoors with my small practice amp. It's quite straightforward to scroll through the preset patches and find some surprisingly useable sounds. I haven't worked out how to create/edit my own patches yet (will have to read the instructions) but, as I'm only ever going to use this at home, I'll probably just stick to using the presets. Sounds good through headphones. Metal casing feels robust. Doesn't come with batteries or power lead. I want to give it 5 stars but the editing doesn't seem very intuitive. Otherwise it's great.