Yamaha MODX8 Synth Workstation
YAMAHA MODX-8 Overview by GAK.
With a full 88 note graded hammer action keyboard and 128 voice polyphony, the new YAMAHA MODX8's AWM2 and FM-X based audio engine is fundamentally the same as that found in the mighty Montage. All basses are covered here. When you consider exactly what you are getting, the MODX8 represents tremendous value for money. In short, you are getting most of the Montage's capabilities for a fraction of the price. If you are a pro session player, the gigging band type, or a deep dive synthesist or sound designer. the MODX8 has got everything you need.
MODX8 also features FM-X (Frequency Modulation) a unique, expressive, highly-programmable synthesis technology for dynamic, electro-modern music creation.
Bring the sophistication of music production automation to real-time live performance with Motion Control.
- Motion Control Synthesis Engine / Super Knob
- AWM2: 8 Elements, 128 Polyphony (Max: Stereo/Mono Waveforms)
- FM-X: 8 Operators, 88 Algorithms, 64 Polyphony (max)
- LCD-Touchscreen 7in-Colour-Wide-VGA-TFT
- Waveform-ROM 5.67 GB
- 6,347 Waveforms in ROM
- 1 GB Flash-ROM built-in
- 640 User Performances
- 5,120 Library Performances
- 13 Dual Insert Effects (12 Parts + A/D Input)
- Over 256 Preset Live Set Slots, 2,048 User & 2,048 Library Live Set Slots
- 10,239 Arpeggios
- Eight Arpeggio Parts simultaneously
- Eight Scenes per Performance
- Master keyboard functions for each Performance
- Multichannel USB Audio Interface, 2-in/10-out
No upgrades available
Good Service, keep it up
I'm really impressed at how much the modx8 has improved over my previous synth - the mox8. Fantastic layered sounds, sliders, a touch screen which makes every operation so much quicker and easier to perform and of course the "superknob" which is great fun to use and I don't even have to take my fingers off the keyboard when it's controlled with a foot pedal. Love it!!