Roland Jupiter XM Synthesizer Overview
The Jupiter Xm is Roland’s flagship Compact Synthesizer, designed for professional stage and studio use, with a focus on portability. The Jupiter-Xm carries the weight of the JUPITER name, which has always been Roland’s most tactile and advanced Synthesizer range and brings it to the modern world, thanks to the inclusion of Roland Zen-Core.
Don’t be fooled by its small size, the Jupiter-Xm is designed to bring the spirit of traditional analogue synthesizers, maintain the look, provide a hands-on user experience and faithfully replicate the sound of the original JUPITER-8 and much, much more.
The Roland Engineers wanted to provide a module version of the Jupiter-X, whilst meeting the demands of the pro-level musician/producer who works on the move or with limited space. Everything from the use of XLR Balanced Outputs, optional battery power, large Metal Encoders/Chassis, road-worthy construction and powerful onboard speakers mean the Jupiter Xm is ready for whatever environment a professional musician may want to quickly create music in.
The 37 compact key synth-action that features on the Jupiter-Xm is Roland’s most luxurious and premium feeling slimline key action, offering a premium playing experience in a compact design. The keys are able to perform fast synth lead lines, phat basslines, brass runs and percussive sounds with ease. The key action also features Velocity Sensitivity, meaning that you can play dynamically, even with models that originally did not have this capability.
Originally, Roland always wanted the JUPITER-8 to feature in-built speakers, but due to the limitations in technology at the time, it was never possible. With Jupiter Xm, the idea of a synth offering the same experience as an acoustic instrument has finally been made possible, just as the original engineers dreamed of. Having internal speakers gives you a far more instant and connected experience to playing your Jupiter Xm, as you can simply power on the synth the moment inspirations strikes you. The speakers make the Jupiter Xm perfect for personal practice and can be turned off entirely for use in the studio or in louder musical environments. The Jupiter-Xm is also able to be powered by batteries, meaning it’s a truly portable solution to the premium synth user.
Expand Your Jupiter!
As well as all the incredible features that are included with the Jupiter-Xm, with the addition of a WC-1, you can push its capabilities even further. When connecting the Roland Cloud Connect to the memory slot of your Jupiter Xm, you gain access to Roland’s ever-expanding universe, Roland Cloud.
Available Model Expansions can morph your JUPITER-Xm into the vintage digital JD-800 synthesizer or inject the expressive sound of Vocal Designer into your music.
The Roland Cloud Connect Wireless Adaptor includes a Pro Membership to Roland Cloud and brings over 30,000 sounds across all its instruments. Simply add the WC-1 to your basket and your Jupiter will perform at an entirely new level.
For users that require all the same features with more hands-on control, check out the Jupiter-X.
- Roland JUPITER-Xm: Synthesizer
- 37 Keys (compact type with velocity)
- -Sound Generator
- - Parts
- 5 parts (Play part: 4, Rhythm part: 1)
- - Tones
- Preset tone: over 4,000
- User tone: 256
- Drum Kit: over 90
- - Scene
- - Effects
- Multi-Effects: 90 types
- Part EQ
- Reverb: 7 types
- Chorus: 4 types
- Delay: 5 types
- Mic NS / Comp
- Master EQ / Comp
- - Arpeggiator
- I-ARPEGGIO (Multi parts arpeggiator with playing detection)
- - Arpeggio Parts
- 5 parts
- - Controllers
- Pitch Bend Wheel
- Modulation Wheel
- Assignable Slider x 2
- Assignable Switch x 3
- - Bluetooth
- Ver 4.2
- Profile Support: A2DP(Audio), GATT(MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
- - Display
- Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- - Speaker Amplifier Power Output
- 4 W x 2
- - Speakers
- Full range (3.5 x 8 cm) x 2
- Tweeter 2 cm x 2
- - Connectors
- HEADPHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type (front), Stereo 1/4-inch phone type (rear)
- MAIN OUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- MAIN OUT jacks (L, R): XLR type
- MIC INPUT jack: 1/4 inch phone type/XLR type
- AUX INPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- HOLD PEDAL jack
- CONTROL PEDAL jack
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB COMPUTER port (AUDIO/MIDI)
- USB MEMORY port
- DC IN jack
- - External Memory
- USB Flash drive (sold separately)
- - Power Supply
- DC 12 V: AC adaptor or rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) (sold separately) x 8
- - Current Draw
- 1,500 mA
- - Dimensions
- 576 (W) x 308 (D) x 93 (H) mm
- 22-11/16 (W) x 12-1/8 (D) x 3-11/16 (H) inches
- - Weight
- 4.4 kg / 9 lbs 12 oz (excluding AC adaptor, Batteries)
- - Accessories
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor (PSB-5U)
- Power cord
- - Options (sold separately)
- Pedal Switch: DP series
- Expression Pedal: EV-5
- USB Flash drive (*)
- * Use a commercially available USB flash drive. However, we cannot guarantee that all commercially available USB flash drives will work.
- Includes free macOS/Windows graphical editor and librarian available through Roland Cloud Manager, the software interface for Roland Cloud content.
Roland RH-200 Closed Back Headphones
Roland DP 10 Piano Style Sustain Pedal
Roland KS-20X Double Braced Keyboard Stand
Roland KS-10X Single Braced Keyboard Stand
Roland EV-5 Expression Pedal
Roland RMC-B10 Black Microphone Cable, 10ft/3m
Roland RIC-B10 Black Instrument Cable, 10ft/3m
Roland RMIDI-B10-DUAL Black Dual MIDI Cable, 10ft/3m
Roland RMIDI-B10 Black MIDI Cable, 10ft/3m
Kinsman KSS11 Keyboard Bench