Roland Jupiter X Synthesizer
Roland Jupiter-X Synthesizer
The lastest instrument to the prestigious JUPITER lineage.
Overview By GAK
The Jupiter X is Roland’s flagship Performance Synthesizer, designed for professional stage and studio use, with no compromises on build quality and sound. The Jupiter-X carries the weight of the JUPITER name, which has always been Roland’s most tactile and advanced Synthesizer range and brings it to the modern world, thanks to the inclusion of Roland Zen-Core.
Designed in the spirit of traditional analogue synthesizers, the Jupiter X maintains the look, hands-on user experience and faithful sound replication of the original JUPITER-8 and much, much more.
The Roland Engineers made no sacrifices with Jupiter-X, as in order to carry the JUPITER name, it has to meet the demands of the pro-level musician/producer. Everything from the use of XLR Balanced Outputs, an IEC Power Cable, 61 Key Layout, large Metal Encoders/Chassis, road-worthy construction and powerful onboard speakers mean the Jupiter X is ready for whatever application a professional musician may throw at it.
The semi-weighted 61 key synth-action that features on the Jupiter-X is the same that is found on the Fantom 6. It is Roland’s most luxurious and premium feeling synthesizer action, offering a playing experience like no other. The keys have a satisfying amount of resistance, whilst still being light enough to perform fast synth lead lines, phat basslines, brass runs and percussive sounds with ease. The key action also features Aftertouch, meaning that key pressure can be assigned to various different modulation settings that lay within the synth.
Originally, Roland always wanted the JUPITER-8 to feature in-built speakers, but due to the limitations in technology at the time, it was never possible. With Jupiter X, the idea of a synth offering the same experience as an acoustic instrument has finally been made possible, just as the original engineers dreamed of. Having internal speakers gives you a far more instant and connected experience to playing your Jupiter X, as you can simply power on the synth the moment inspirations strikes you. The speakers make the Jupiter X perfect for personal practice and can be turned off entirely for use in the studio or in louder musical environments.
For users that require all the same features in a smaller package, check out the Jupiter-Xm.
- Keyboard - 61 Keys (semi-weighted keyboard and channel aftertouch)
- Sound Generator
- - ZEN-Core
- - Various MODEL sound generators
- Parts - 5 parts (Play part: 4, Rhythm part: 1)
- - Preset tone: 4,000 or greater
- - User tone: 256
- - Drum Kit: 90 or greater
- Scene - 256
- - Multi-Effects: 4 systems, 90 types
- - Part EQ: 5 systems
- - Overdrive
- - Reverb: 7 types
- - Chorus: 4 types
- - Delay: 5 types
- - Mic NS / Compressor
- - Master EQ / Compressor
- Arpeggiator - I-ARPEGGIO (Multi parts arpeggiator with playing detection)Arpeggio Parts - 5 parts
- - Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
- - Wheel x 2
- - Assignable Slider x 2
- - Assignable Switch x 3
- - Ver 4.2
- - Profile Support: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
- - Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)Display - Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- Speaker Amplifier Power Output - 4 W x 2
- - Full range (3.5 x 8 cm) x 2
- - Tweeter 2 cm x 2
- - HEADPHONES jacks: Stereo miniature phone type (front), Stereo 1/4-inch phone type (rear)
- - MAIN OUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- - MAIN OUT jacks (L, R): XLR type
- - MIC INPUT jack: 1/4 inch phone type/XLR type
- - AUX INPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- - HOLD PEDAL jack
- - CONTROL PEDAL jack
- - MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- - USB COMPUTER port (AUDIO/MIDI)
- - USB MEMORY port
- External Memory - USB Flash drive (sold separately)
- Power Supply - AC 117–240 V, 50/60 Hz
- - Owner's manual
- - Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- - Power cord
- Options (sold separately)
- - Keyboard Stand: KS-10Z, KS-12
- - Pedal Switch: DP series
- - Expression Pedal: EV-5
- - USB Flash drive (*)
- * Use a commercially available USB flash drive. However, we cannot guarantee that all commercially available USB flash drives will work.
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - Width - 1,090 mm, 42-15/16 inches
- - Depth - 447 mm, 17-5/8 inches
- - Height - 119 mm, 4-11/16 inches
- - Weight - 16.9 kg, 37 lbs 5 oz
- Includes free macOS/Windows graphical editor and librarian available through Roland Cloud Manager, the software interface for Roland Cloud content.
No upgrades available
One of the best all-round synths I have ever used including elements spanning the whole Roland era. Still getting my head around the huge range of options, but it is an extremely versatile instrument.