Apogee Duet for iPad, Mac and PC
Apogee DUET for iPad, Mac and PC overview from GAK
Hailing from the great state of California, Apogee has an industry-wide reputation for producing some of the very best portable professional recording equipment on the market.
The Apogee DUET is no exception, this powerful 2 in x 4 out USB audio interface boasts two top of the line mic preamps, seamless Apogee AD/DA conversion technology, MIDI I/O & analogue connectivity, phantom power and more. Endorsed by a multitude of well-respected producers and musicians including Amy Wadge (Ed Sheeran, Keith Urban), Eli Brueggemann (Saturday Night Live) and Wayne Wilkins (Beyoncé), Apogee DUET has won numerous industry awards and played a role in the creation of copious GRAMMY and OSCAR award-winning records.
The Apogee DUET's two mic preamps have been constructed using the very latest available technology, the result is crystal clear audio and click-free transitions across the DUET's wide gain range of 0-75dB. The DUET delivers smooth, ultra-low noise audio with outstanding levels of detail. The mic preamps are compatible with all dynamic, condenser and ribbon microphones giving you the freedom to tackle a range of recording scenarios. With two available preamps, the DUET is also an invaluable device for podcast and interview recording, optional +48V phantom power for both inputs allow you to capture every subtle intonation and tone through your favourite condenser mic.
The DUET's AD/DA converters have been completely re-designed in this latest model to deliver the very best recording quality possible thanks to its innovative components, we were very impressed when previewing raw audio recording before any processing took place.
A key feature of the DUET has to be it's OLED display with dual touchpads. The screen looks fantastic as it seemingly appears from the jet black glass-like cover after powering up. The screen clearly displays in colour your input/output levels for headphone, mic/instrument and stereo output plus indicators for phantom power, muting, phase and more, providing a clear indication of your recording parameters without the need to refer to your software. The two touchpads allow you to take control of output functions such as "Sum to Mono", "Toggle Headphone Source" and more.
The Apogee DUET's included breakout cable provides two combo mic/instrument connectors and two quarter-inch connectors for speakers, the single cable keeps things organised and efficient with a locking feature to the interface that keeps things secure.
Take control of your recordings with the included Maestro software, created specifically as a comprehensive software control application for the Apogee DUET. A clear and easy to navigate single window interface allows you to adjust with ease the Apogee devises settings, select input type and use a low latency mixer for precise monitoring. Compatible with both Mac and PC with additional iPhone or iPad version available for free from the iStore.
The Apogee DUET also boasts direct integration with Logic Pro X allowing you to make fine-tune input adjustments directly from the Logic Pro X mixer, alternatively if you have an iOS devise you can remotely control the interface via the Logic Remote App.
Praise for the Apogee DUET:
“The Duet is the most elegant and efficient interface I've worked with" - Ilan Rubin (Nine Inch Nails)
“The Duet 2 is the most well-designed interface I’ve ever used" - Nosaj Thing (Kid
“I’ve recorded the last 2 Coldplay albums through Apogee converters and always have DUET out on the road with me, enough said…” - Rik Simpson (Coldplay, Jay-Z, Portishead)
- Duet charges the iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad when connected so your work is not interrupted.
- 2 analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power for connecting microphones, instruments or line-level devices.
- Direct connection with Lightning or 30-pin iOS devices** (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad) and USB connection to Mac.
- Software control of hardware parameters including input selection and low latency monitoring.
- From the mic preamps to the AD/DA converters and the clocking, Duet is best-in-class and cutting-edge Apogee technology. With components carefully selected in critical listening tests and a highly efficient circuit design, Duet was built by Apogee engineers to make a difference you can hear. Pristine, next generation AD/DA converters Duet's AD/DA converters are designed to deliver the purest recordings and best listening experience possible. Duet's efficient circuitry and state-of-the-art components provide a simplified signal path resulting in incredibly transparent recordings.
- Smooth, detailed world-class mic preamps Much like the AD/DA converters, Duet's mic preamps feature the latest components and offer seamless click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout the incredible range of 0-75dB. This unprecedented feature allows you to dial in the perfect level, either with the controller knob or from within software, while delivering ultra-low noise and smooth, crisp detail. Duet's mic pres are suitable for all dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones, allowing you to capture any sound without compromise.
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year