Apogee MiC 96k Professional Microphone for Windows/Mac
Apogee MiC 96k for Mac and Windows USB Microphone overview by GAK
The Apogee MiC 96k for Mac and Windows is a portable USB microphone that produces high-quality audio recordings whether used in a studio scenario or on the move. Its light-weight and durability have made the MiC 96k the favoured choice among countless professional and amateur musicians.
The MiC 96k can be used effectively for a range of recording applications thanks to its internal cardioid polar pattern and 40dB of preamp gain. Capture the warmth of a close proximity voiceover track or the rich dynamics of a live guitar performance with crystal-clear studio-grade audio.
The guts of the MiC 96k feature Apogee's signature PureDIGITAL analogue-to-digital converter technology capable of achieving superb quality 24-bit/96kHz audio with ease. With the MiC
The integrated gain control knob and 3-colour signal status LED allows you to manually adjust with precision your input signal and monitor the result, ensuring that your recording stays clear of distortion and other negative proximity and velocity effects.
The Apogee MiC 96k's all metal die-cast zinc body is incredibly solid, once out the box we were impressed by just how tough this mic looks and feels, the mic, however, remains light-weight (1.15lb) and therefore is an ideal choice for the traveling musician as a companion on the road as well as in a studio environment.
Frequently asked questions from our customers:
Is the plug-and-record element of this mic as simple as it sounds?
Can I use this mic
It is possible to use the MiC 96K for Mac and Windows with an iOS device via a lightning cable (sold separately). You can also take a look at the Apogee 96k for iPad, iPhone and Mac that includes an additional lightning cable and desktop tripod stand.
Is the MiC 96k compatible with my DAW?
The MiC 96k works seamlessly with almost all know DAW's including Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Audacity, Cubase and many more.
- Made for Mac and Windows
- PureDIGITAL USB connection for pristine sound quality
- Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone
- Up to 96kHz, 24-bit analog-to-digital conversion
- Studio quality microphone preamp with up to 40dB of gain
- Control knob allows easy input level adjustment
- Multicolour LED for status indication and input level monitoring
- Designed for vocal and acoustic instrument recording
- Also great for recording interviews, podcasts, voice overs, and audio for video
- All metal construction
- Extremely compact and portable
- Bus-powered by Mac or Windows computer (no batteries or external power required)
- Made in the U.S.A.
- MiC 96k features a wide dynamic range for capturing any singing style and genre. From soft ballads to hard rock, your vocal recordings will be clear and detailed. And because you can easily set your level directly on MiC, your tracks will be distortion-free. MiC’s preamp and A/D converter are designed to record the true tone of acoustic instruments. Recordings of acoustic guitar, piano, strings and percussion will all sound like you are in the room with the performance.
- MiC 96k simplifies the recording process for voiceovers, podcasts and interviews and delivers professional results. With MiC 96k and your laptop you have an affordable setup that is portable and easy to use.
- USB Cable
- Desktop stand
- Microphone stand adapter