Arturia Pigments 4, Download Overview
State-of-the-art software synthesizer that offers unparalleled sonic flexibility and an intuitive design that makes exploring synthesis fluid and inspirational.
A Universe of Synthesis
The Arturia Pigments 4 software synthesizer is a masterpiece of synth design. This extraordinary synth gives you access to every form of synthesis via an array of deep sound engines. Virtual analogue, wavetable, FM, additive, sample and granular synthesis is at your disposal within Pigments 4. Two sound engines can be combined with multiple modulation capabilities, sequencing and studio-grade effects to create a universe of synth patches. If you can conceive it, it can be created within Pigments 4.
What’s new in Pigments 4?
Pigments 4 is the fourth version of Arturia’s powerful soft synth and introduces a host of upgrades, including a new filter based on the MS-20, rapid drag-and-drop modulation editing, new effects (Shimmer Reverb, Super Unison), new presets, new LFO shapes and sync modes, improved Jup-8 V filter, Multi Filter and Distortion, new capabilities for the Wavetable and Harmonic engines, ODDSound MTS-ESP microtuning compatibility and a brand new graphical interface.
Unlimited Sonic Potential
Arturia’s Pigments transcends the capabilities of many premium hardware and software synths alike, raising the bar for what virtual instruments are capable of. Whilst Pigments 4 is undeniably deep and versatile, its intuitive design makes it easy to explore. Creating unique sounds can be as simple or as complex as you want.
You have four distinct sound engines that can be used alongside a versatile utility oscillator and effortless modulation routings. Pigments 4 makes assigning sources to destinations incredibly fluid, allowing you to design complex, evolving and animated patches in minutes. Any synth sound you can conceive of can be created with Pigments 4, from crisp plucks to thick pads to room-rattling basses to metallic leads. In short, Pigments 4 is a blank sonic canvas with virtually unlimited possibilities.
Dream It, Design It
There’s no doubt that Pigments 4 is a sound designer’s dream synth, with its impressive selection of modulation options, filter types and stunning effects engines. Shaping your sound has never been so instant and inspiring.
At the heart of Pigments 4 vital and evocative sonic character is its powerful modulation capabilities. Multiple mod sources, including keyboard velocity, polyphonic aftertouch and random generators, can be assigned to any parameter - with one click. With Arturia Pigments, conjuring a complicated synth patch can be achieved in minutes.
Your synth patches can be routed through dual filters and there are 10 filter types, from emulations of vintage synth filters to high-pass curves that are perfect for modern electronic dance music.
Pigments 4 features 18 studio-quality effects algorithms that can be slotted into twin insert buses and a send bus. From exciting pitch-shifting delays to chorus to multiband compressor, Pigments provides you with everything you need to put the final touch on your patch.
Arturia have designed Pigments 4 with a streamlined, easy-to-use and engaging interface that encourages you to explore its depths. Instant-access controls, Play Mode, real-time feedback and a customisable GUI enable you to seamlessly integrate Pigments 4 into your production workflow.
In addition to its expansive sound sculpting capabilities, Pigments 4 features an advanced sequencing section that allows you to create new musical ideas within the synth itself. With arpeggiation, scale quantisation and smart randomisation at your fingertips, you’ll be creating fresh melodies, motifs and entire arrangements with ease. The Seq page lays out sequence information in a clear and concise way. Whilst your sequence is running, edit notes, octaves, velocity and more by simply clicking and dragging.
Expansive Preset Library
Whilst Pigments 4 is a fantastic instrument for sound exploration, it also comes with a selection of presets created by world-class sound designers and artists. Pigments’ preset library covers a wide range of genres, including hip-hop, EDM, lo-fi, trap and cinematic.
- A brand new graphical interface, including Light Mode and the simplified Play Mode
- Quick drag-and-drop modulation editing
- New MS-20 filter
- New Shimmer Reverb effect
- New Super Unison effect
- Improved Bitcrusher, Jup-8 V Filter, Multi Filter, and Distortion
- New factory presets, wavetables, samples, and noise types
- New LFO shapes and sync modes for modulators
- ODDSound MTS-ESP microtuning compatibility
- Ring Mod and Pulse Width Phase Transformation for the Wavetable engine
- Phase modulation and partial randomisation for the Harmonic engine
- Two engines in parallel with a choice of:
- - Virtual Analog 3-oscillator engine
- - Complex Wavetable engine
- - Sample & Granular engine
- - Harmonic Oscillator additive engine
- - Utility engine with oscillator and noise generators
- - Dual filters with continuous series/parallel routing
- - Classic filter types from V Collection instruments
- - Modern filter types
- - Quick color-coded modulation
- - Drag-and-drop source to destination
- - Modulators include Envelopes, LFOs, Function generators, Random
- - Powerful FX section
- - 2 Insert buses, 1 Send bus, 3 FX per bus
- - Modulable parameters
- - 18 FX algorithms, from vintage to cutting-edge
- - Polyrhythmic Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Create complex, custom and evolving sequences/arps
- Extensive library of 1400 presets
- Play Mode, Light/Dark Modes, bypass FX & Seq modules
- MTS-ESP microtuning compatibility
- MPE compatibility
- Arturia Pigments
- Arturia Software Control Centre
Arturia Keystep Pro Controller Keyboard, White
Arturia Keystep Controller Keyboard, Black
Arturia Keystep 37 Controller Keyboard and Sequencer
Arturia MiniLab 3 Midi Controller Keyboard