Arturia Keystep Controller Keyboard, Black
Arturia Keystep Controller Keyboard, Limited Edition, Black
KeyStep is a new breed of portable musical tool combining the functionalities of a keyboard controller with a polyphonic step sequencer to control both analog and digital devices. You need a portable USB MIDI controller but also want a keyboard that provides a musical playing experience? You have some MIDI modules you want to connect as well but don’t want the footprint of a large keyboard? You have modular and analog gear you want to control via CV/GATEs? You want a step sequencer with polyphonic capability that can sync to your favorite modern and vintage gear? If only a single piece of gear could do all of this… Whatever your setup, KeyStep will merge into it to overdrive your workflow and effectiveness. With KeyStep and its range of connections you can control any digital or analog synthesizer from the past, today and even tomorrow. Sequence them all!
Master The Dark Side
The time has come for you to take full control of your studio. Whether vintage analog synths or tomorrow’s virtual instruments, KeyStep Black Edition has the power to tame the beast. Packed with features to inspire your creativity, KeyStep lets you create polyphonic, evolving sequences up to 8 notes deep and 64 steps long. Combined with its ability to connect to practically any electronic instrument, you’ll be able to do things you never thought possible. Create thick, lush arpeggios, record a sequence in real-time, rewrite it, edit the swing, gate length, and play a melody simultaneously on its high quality 32-note keyboard.
KeyStep Black Edition also comes complete with 3 CV/Gate cables, letting you sync up and experiment with whatever synths, sound modules, or drum machines you already own as soon as you take it out of the box. Thanks to its great connectivity, KeyStep also makes a superb MIDI-to-CV interface.
- Arturia’s own Slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- Arpeggiator mode:
- -Up, down, inclusive, exclusive, random, note order, double up, double down modes
- Sequencer mode:
- -8 polyphonic step-sequences with Rest, Tie, and Legato note entry
- Rate control and tap tempo:
- -REC, PLAY, and STOP buttons for performance control over the sequencer and arpeggiator
- Sustain HOLD button
- Sustain pedal jack
- Chord play mode
- SHIFT button selection:
- -MIDI channel selection, GATE time, SWING values
- DC jack for standalone operation
- USB MIDI connects to computers and our MCC editor
- MIDI in/out ports
- Sync i/o ports:
- -Supports 1 pulse per step, 2 PPQ (Korg Volca), 24 PPQ DIN sync, 48 PPQ DIN sync
- Sync select switches:
- Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock
- CV/GATE outputs:
- -CV supports 1Volt per octave, Volt>Hz modes, Gate output 5V or 12V for modern or vintage gear support
- -CV Velo/Aftertouch/Modwheel output
- Capacitive-touch pitch bend and mod wheels
- Each sequence can have 64 steps, each step can have up to 8 notes
- Low power; can be powered by Apple iPad® (camera connection kit required)
No upgrades available
Great unit and flexible enough to experiment with different setups - the cv, gate and sync stuff makes it useful to integrate analogue gear, and it’s small enough to go nicely with a laptop in a portable rig. I was unsure about the pitch bend at first but it’s actually very fluid and intuitive to play. The sequencer/arp section is also a lot of fun. The only thing stopping me giving it 5 stars is the absence of an assignable controller knob or two - seems like a significant absence when working with softsynths.
Fantastic feature packed keyboard
Great controller sequencer keyboard.