Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol M32 Controller Keyboard Overview
Ultra-compact 32-key MIDI keyboard with a custom synth-action keybed, crisp OLED display and eight touch-sensitive knobs.
Portable Controller Keyboard
The Native Instruments M32 MIDI keyboard is a slim and more portable version of their acclaimed A-Series keyboards. Like the A25, A49 and A61, the M32 allows you to take direct and intuitive control of NI’s Komplete Kontrol software.
Thanks to the robust backlit buttons, crystal-clear OLED display and eight touch-sensitive encoders, you can spend more time in the creative zone and less time looking at the screen. If you’re a producer, songwriter or artist looking for a way to play your virtual instruments, plugin effects and DAW on the go, the NI M32 is a great solution. The M32 is also the most affordable way to enter the NI ecosystem and take hands-on control of your NKS-compatible software.
Fits In Your Backpack
With the Komplete Kontrol M32, Native Instruments have condensed the rugged build-quality, playability and wealth of tactile control into a backpack-friendly form factor. Because the M32 is USB 2.0 bus-powered, all you have to do is plug it into your computer and play - no external adapter required!
Custom Mini Keys
An essential element of any MIDI keyboard is the keys themselves. That’s why Native Instruments have equipped the M32 with their superb synth-action keybed. This velocity-sensitive, custom design boasts enough resistance for expressive piano sounds whilst also being light enough for fluid synth leads or organ glissandos. The M32’s 32-key size offers extra playable range than most micro-controller keyboards, which usually feature 25 keys. The two touch strips allow you to expressively introduce pitch bends and modulation on the fly, whilst the assignable TRS pedal input allows you to connect a sustain or expression pedal for hands-free manipulation of your VSTs.
As with all Native Instrument keyboard models, the KK M32 seamlessly integrates with Komplete and NKS-ready software. Once you’ve got Komplete Kontrol running on your computer or laptop, simply connect your M32 keyboard to start browsing through instrument and effect presets. Navigation is handled by the 4D push encoder, which gives you one-handed control over your DAW and preset browsing sessions. The sharp OLED screen provides visual feedback on plugin selection, tags and preset names. Touching one of the eight knobs instantly pulls up the automatically assigned parameter on the screen, so always know what you’re tweaking.
DAW & Maschine Control
The top left of the M32’s panel features transport controls for your DAW (including Play/Pause, Record, Stop, Loop, Metro and more) as well as dedicated buttons for Smart Play and the included Maschine Essentials software. With all this control at your disposal, you can totally revolutionise your “in-the-box” workflow with a tactile and immediate approach.
Intuitive Smart Play
Smart Play is a handy tool for opening up your creativity and can help beginners that are new to music theory or keyboard technique. With Smart Play, you can play beautiful chord progressions with one finger, assign a wide range of scales to the white keys to easily compose fresh melodies and play sprawling arpeggios.
- Micro-size keyboard controller with 32 keys for all your virtual instruments and effects
- Affordable entry point into the NI world
- Synth-action, custom NI keybed
- Informative OLED display for at-a-glance navigation
- Eight touch-sensitive control knobs
- Two touch strips for intuitive expression
- 4-directional push encoder for one-handed sound browsing and project navigation
- Tag-based preset browsing via the KOMPLETE KONTROL software: Find sounds quickly and hear instant previews
- Smart Play: Stay in key with over 100 scales and modes, play chord progressions and arpeggios with single keys, or map any scale to white keys only
- Pre-mapped control of KOMPLETE instruments and effects, plus hundreds of Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) plug-ins from leading manufacturers via the KOMPLETE KONTROL software
- Expand your library with loops and samples from Sounds.com
- Full VSTi and VST FX support
- Deep integration with MASCHINE software
- Intuitive control over Logic Pro X, GarageBand, and Ableton Live. Cubase and Nuendo integration coming in a future update to the KOMPLETE KONTROL software.
- TRS pedal input, assignable to sustain • USB 2.0 bus powered
- Can be used as a MIDI controller
- Includes a collection of KOMPLETE instruments and effects, KOMPLETE KONTROL software, MASCHINE Essentials (full MASCHINE software plus 1.6 GB MASCHINE Factory Selection of samples, one shots, loops, and instruments), plus Ableton Live 10 Lite
- Register your hardware to download the KOMPLETE KONTROL software, a collection of KOMPLETE instruments and effects, MASCHINE Essentials, plus Ableton Live 10 Lite for free. Includes:
- MONARK – iconic mono synth
- REAKTOR PRISM – polyphonic synthesizer SCARBEE MARK I – electric piano KOMPLETE KONTROL software
- MASCHINE ESSENTIALS
- KOMPLETE START – NI’s free production suite Ableton Live 10 Lite
- Windows 10 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 2GB RAM
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 (latest update), Intel Core i5, 4GBRAM
- USB 2.0 or higher (cable included)
- Graphics card which supports OpenGL 2.1 or higher
- Internet connection (for software download and activation only)
Tiger MCA34 Microphone Boom Stand with Bag, Black