Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 Controller Keyboard
Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 Controller Keyboard
The Launchkey Mini MK3 is Novation’s most compact and portable MIDI keyboard controller, and has everything the modern music maker needs to get start creating and producing music right out the box - it’s been designed to have full integration with the included Ableton Live Lite, and it has a whole host of new features including an onboard arpeggiator and fixed chord mode - allowing you to experiment and get creative with your melodies and beats, 16 RGB backlit pads, and the MIDI out allows you to get extra functionality by connecting synths or a groovebox.
The Launchkey Mini’s Fixed Chord mode lets you assign a fixed chord shape to the keys and it will transpose and you go up the keyboard. The new Arpeggiator takes your ideas further, letting you adjust the rhythm, beat, pattern, octave, gate, and more, making it great for experimenting and getting new ideas quickly. The 16 RGB-backlit pads for drumming and clip launch are super-sensitive, letting you add dynamic, expressive rhythms.
Launchkey Mini MK3 has an intuitive integration with Ableton Live so you can spend more time getting your ideas down and creating music - including device macro-control, track select, record, capture MIDI, clip and scene launch, stop/mute/solo, volume, pans, and sends.
Launchkey Mini comes with everything the modern music maker needs so you can get to creating right out of the box - it comes with various sounds, effects, and instruments including AAS Session Bundle, Softube Time & Tone, exclusive Spitfire Audio LABS, Expressive Strings instrument, Klevgrand DAW Cassette, R0Verb, and automatic membership of the Novation Sound Collective, which gives you all the new free and discounted plugins every couple of months to keep your sound fresh.
You can then use all these included features with the included Ableton Live Lite, or use Launchkey’s integrations with Reason, Logic, or any other HUI compatible DAW such as Reaper, Pro Tools, Studio One, and Cubase.
The Launchkey Mini MK3 features Novation’s finest mini-key mech to date, making it great to play. There are Pitch and Modulation touch strips that provide real hands-on control of your music, and you can connect a sustain pedal to add even more functionality, and eight rotary controls giving you many options to adjust your sound. Connect your sustain pedal and add even more expression to your playing. The MIDI out lets you send arps and program changes to your hardware synths or add keys to your groovebox wherever you are.
The Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 is great for any music maker on-the-go who need a super-compact MIDI controller that will easily fit in their bag, or for those with limited space.
Enjoy three years of warranty
Wherever you happen to be in the world, you can rely on a three-year warranty if any Novation hardware needs repairing or replacing due to a manufacturing fault. Click here for more information.
- Deep and intuitive Ableton Live control - including device macro control, track select, record, capture MIDI, clip and scene launch, stop/mute/solo, volume, pans and sends.
- Creative arpeggiator – easy to use but deeply controllable: change rhythm, beat, pattern, octave, gate and more.
- Fixed chord mode – play a chord with one finger - assign a fixed chord shape to the keys and it’ll transpose as you move up and down the keyboard.
- MIDI Out – take Launchkey Mini anywhere, send arps and program changes to your hardware synths, or add keys to your groovebox directly over MIDI.
- Hardware - our finest mini keymech to date, 16 velocity-sensitive RGB, eight rotary controls, pitch and mod touch strips, and sustain input."
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- AAS Session Bundle
- Softube Time and Tone Bundle
- Spitfire Audio LABS - Expressive Strings
- XLN Audio Addictive Keys
- Klevgrand R0verb and DAW Cassette
- Access to the Novation Sound Collective"
- Novation Launchkey Mini [MK3]
- 1 x USB Cable"
- 25 x Mini-keys
- 1 x Touch Strip for Pitch-bench with centre zero
- 1 x Touch Strip for Modulation
- 8 x Knobs
- 16 x RGB Backlit, Velocity Sensitive Pads
- Transpose Buttons
- Octave Up/Down Buttons (with Preset function as shift)
- Play and Record Buttons
- Arp and Fixed Chord Buttons
- Stop/Solo/Mute Button ^^
- Scene Launch Button ^^
- 3.5mm jack socket for MIDI Out (MIDI din break-out cables NOT included)
- USB Socket
- Kensington MiniSaver Slot
- Midi Channel Selection*
- Capture MIDI function*^^
- Tracks function*
- Scene Down function*^^
- Scene Up function*^^
- Function accessed with Shift
- Ableton Live specific function
- Comprehensive DAW Integration
- Scripts for Ableton, Logic and Reason (Device Control for Ableton, Logic and Reason)
- All other DAWs through HUI i.e. Pro Tools, Reaper, Studio One
- Take control of Volume, Pan, Sends, Record, Play, Preset and Assign Custom Mapping
- Ableton Integration
- Volume, Pan, Sends A and Sends B through knobs
- Record and Play
- Assign Custom Mapping to knobs and pads
- Track navigation
- Ableton specific integrations such as
- Device Control
- Capture MIDI
- Clip Launch
- Clip Stop
- Scene Launch
- Scene Navigation
- Track Solo/Mute
- Creative Arpeggiator with Mutate Mode and Deviate Rhythm
- Mode: Up, Down, Up/Down, Played, Random, Chord, Mutate
- Rate: 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 and all associated triplets
- Octave: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Rhythm: o, oxo, oxxo, Random, Deviate
- Latch: on/off
- Tempo, Swing and Gate through pots when pressing 'Arp'
- When Mode is set to Mutate, access all Mutate possibilities through the pot while pressing 'Arp'
- When Rhythm is set to Deviate, access all Deviation of the rhythm through the pot while pressing 'Arp'
- 3 x symbols at the left side of the keyboard reserved for future arp updates
- Fixed Chord
- Fixed chord, to play chords with one finger
- Software Compatibility
- Ableton Live Lite is included
- <If you already have Ableton Live it must be version 10 or greater to work with Launchkey Mini. Launchkey Mini will also work as a standard MIDI controller.>
- Logic script, Reason script; all other DAWs through HUI i.e. Pro Tools, Reaper, Studio One
- Power Requirements
- USB bus powered
- Power supply not included
- Product Dimensions
- 330mm length x 172mm depth x 31mm (40mm including knob-caps) height"
High quality keyboard fun and easy to use.
Not supported by my OS. Nothing online stating it isn't either. Had to speak to their customer service once purchased to find out it wasnt, then had to go through the returns process with the company I bought it from which cost me in postage. Companies should list compatibility, not just claim that it is, and then when purchased leave them to find out that it isn't.
easy to set up and loads of possibilities!
Worked with Live out of the box very effectively.
Excellent with Ableton