Blackstar Carry-On Travel Guitar Pack with amPlug, Black
Overview from GAK
This edition of Blackstar’s Carry-On range comes with a fantastic travel-size electric guitar in Jet Black, a fitted gig-bag and an amPlug2 Fly Guitar headphone amp. This package is the ideal solution if you need to travel light and tend to practice with your headphones on.
The amPlug2 is a great accompaniment to your Carry-On guitar as it gives you three tone settings to choose from (a jangly Clean that can start to break-up when pushed, a defined, punchy Crunch sound and a Lead for those thick riffs/solos). Blackstar’s patented ISF control is present, giving you even more tonal flexibility by allowing you to go from an “American” voicing at the lowest setting (tightened lows and pronounced mids) to a “British” voicing at the highest (less aggressive and “woody”) to anywhere inbetween!
With nine selectable effects - 3x Choruses, 3x Delays, 3x Reverbs - you can add some luscious depth and space to your sound.
Take a look at the Deluxe bundle if you’d like to option to crank it up and play out loud!
The Carry-On guitar also comes in Vintage White, with tortoiseshell binding and pickguard.
Overview by Blackstar
The Carry-on travel guitar is a portable travel-sized guitar that plays and feels like a serious full-sized instrument. Constructed using single piece Okoume bodies and necks and featuring a coil-splittable mini humbucker, the Carry-On travel guitars combine true tone and feel beyond their size. The guitar is supplied with either an award-winning amPlug 2 FLY Guitar headphone amp in the Carry-On Standard pack or an award-winning FLY 3 Bluetooth mini amp with the Carry-On Deluxe pack. Getting great tone on the go is now available to all travelling guitarists.
Using a single billet of wood for the body and neck means that the grain will be an even match across the instrument and allows the guitar to reverberate freely and evenly – a glue join would have been a barrier to reverberation. The body and neck are made from single prices of Okoume, a bright, lightweight tonewood with a more open grain than mahogany.
Most of the Blackstar team are guitarists and we travel regularly, whether on business or on holiday with our families. We know how frustrating it is to be without an instrument for days on end, when you have the time and headspace to play. For ages we have been talking about the possibility of developing a travel guitar that truly captures the sound and feel of a full sized electric. Hooking up with our close friends and guitar aficionados at Gordon Smith Guitars UK allowed us to design the travel guitar of our dreams – the result is the Carry-on!
- Compact size electric guitar that retains all the playability and feel of a full-size electric guitar.
- The finest materials are used throughout like the single piece Okoume body and neck with a set neck construction.
- String through body design for excellent sustain and stable tuning.
- Amazing tonal versatility from the coil-splittable mini humbucker.
- 1:14 ratio sealed tuners make tuning easy and stable.
- Every guitar has a premium finish including binding around the body and a 3-ply scratchplate.
- Available as Standard or Deluxe packs that include all the accessories you need when you’re on the go.
- Using 12-54 string gauges creates the tension and feel of a full size electric guitar.
- - Vintage White with tortoiseshell binding and tortoiseshell scratchplate, or Jet Black with cream binding and black scratchplate
- - Single piece Okoume
- - Single piece Okoume
- Scale length:
- - 20.7", (527mm)
- - Laurel, 19 frets
- - 12-54
- - 1:14 gear ratio sealed tuners
- Bound body:
- - Yes
- - Mini-humbucker with coil-split via the Volume pot
- - Volume (pull for coil-split), Tone
- - TOM style
- Accessories Included:
- - amPlug2 FLY Guitar
- - Premium travel bag
- - Webbing guitar strap
- - 3 x medium guitar picks
- - A5 Travel Notebook
- - Mechanical pencil
No upgrades available