Blackstar Carry-On Deluxe Travel Guitar Pack with Fly 3 Bluetooth, Black
Overview from GAK
We recommend the Deluxe package if you’re looking to jam along with tracks and play out loud, as the Bluetooth-capability of the Fly3 BT means you can wirelessly stream your backing tracks to it. There’s also the option to plug in headphones via the Emulated Output for quiet practice. The Fly3 Bluetooth can be powered with either a DC supply or batteries for a truly portable rig. This version of the Deluxe package comes with a guitar in Jet Black.
With a choice of two channels (Clean and Overdrive), a digital “tape” delay and Blackstar’s patented ISF control, you’ve got plenty of tonal flexibility at your fingertips.
You’ve got the option to expand it with the 103 Extension Cab, allowing you to experience both your guitar tone and the music you play-along to in glorious stereo.
If you want the option to crank it whilst you’re on the road and still want the option to practice quietly, we’d recommend going for the Fly3 bundle. If you still want a great sound, need something even lighter and solely play with headphones whilst travelling, the amPlug2 option is available.
The Deluxe version can also come with a guitar in Vintage White.
Overview by Blackstar
The Carry-on travel guitar is a portable travel-sized guitar that plays and feels like a serious full-sized instrument. Constructed using single piece Okoume bodies and necks and featuring a coil-splittable mini humbucker, the Carry-On travel guitars combine true tone and feel beyond their size. The guitar is supplied with either an award-winning amPlug 2 FLY Guitar headphone amp in the Carry-On Standard pack or an award-winning FLY 3 Bluetooth mini amp with the Carry-On Deluxe pack. Getting great tone on the go is now available to all travelling guitarists.
Using a single billet of wood for the body and neck means that the grain will be an even match across the instrument and allows the guitar to reverberate freely and evenly – a glue join would have been a barrier to reverberation. The body and neck are made from single prices of Okoume, a bright, lightweight tonewood with a more open grain than mahogany.
Most of the Blackstar team are guitarists and we travel regularly, whether on business or on holiday with our families. We know how frustrating it is to be without an instrument for days on end, when you have the time and headspace to play. For ages we have been talking about the possibility of developing a travel guitar that truly captures the sound and feel of a full sized electric. Hooking up with our close friends and guitar aficionados at Gordon Smith Guitars UK allowed us to design the travel guitar of our dreams – the result is the Carry-on!
- Compact size electric guitar that retains all the playability and feel of a full-size electric guitar.
- The finest materials are used throughout like the single piece Okoume body and neck with a set neck construction.
- String through body design for excellent sustain and stable tuning.
- Amazing tonal versatility from the coil-splittable mini humbucker.
- 1:14 ratio sealed tuners make tuning easy and stable.
- Every guitar has a premium finish including binding around the body and a 3-ply scratchplate.
- Available as Standard or Deluxe packs that include all the accessories you need when you’re on the go.
- Using 12-54 string gauges creates the tension and feel of a full size electric guitar.
- - Vintage White with tortoiseshell binding and tortoiseshell scratchplate, or Jet Black with cream binding and black scratchplate
- - Single piece Okoume
- - Single piece Okoume
- Scale length:
- - 20.7", (527mm)
- - Laurel, 19 frets
- - 12-54
- - 1:14 gear ratio sealed tuners
- Bound body:
- - Yes
- - Mini-humbucker with coil-split via the Volume pot
- - Volume (pull for coil-split), Tone
- - TOM style
- Accessories Included:
- - FLY 3 Bluetooth and 3 metre guitar cable
- - Premium travel bag
- - Webbing guitar strap
- - 3 x medium guitar picks
- - A5 Travel Notebook
- - Mechanical pencil
No upgrades available