Darkglass Alpha-Omega 900 Bass Head
The Darkglass Alpha-Omega 900 - a beautifully brutal bass amplifier.
Back in 2016, Darkglass Electronics released our first bass amplifier, the Microtubes 900. An uncompromising model, incredibly versatile and unapologetically loud, its features and design embodied the Darkglass ethos like none of the brand’s previous products. Now with the success of our award winning Alpha·Omega line of drive pedals, Darkglass are proud to introduce the next step in our bass amplification evolution, Alpha·Omega 900.
Alpha·Omega 900 takes Darkglass’ latest and celebrated drive circuits to a new dimension. With a deliberate, yet distinctively different flavour to our famous Microtubes circuits, Alpha is punchy and tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw. With our proprietary Mod control to blend between either drive circuits, Alpha·Omega 900 is a monstrous 900-watt amplifier that provides earth-shattering tone.
These modern drive engines add incredible girth and size to the overdriven signal, but the studio-grade VCA compressor also adds an extra layer of control. Add in the ultra-quiet 6-band graphic equalizer and you have an amplifier that can help sculpt your tone from ultra-aggressive and overdriven, to crystal clear clean. Whatever your tone needs may be, Alpha·Omega 900 features all the options the modern, professional bassist needs in a compact, sleek and powerful format.
However, that’s not all. The MIDI programmability and impulse response cabinet simulation, with up to three different storable virtual cabinets, make the Microtubes 900 v2 not only most complete amplifier for the touring musician, but combined with the auxiliary input and headphone output, the ideal tools for silent practicing too.
- 900 W RMS Class D Power Output
- 8/4/2 Ohm load compatible
- Analog preamp with Passive/active input switch
- Bendable Alpha and Omega analog drive/distortion circuits
- Drive/Clean Blend control, with separate Bite and Growl switches
- Three speaker cab Impulse Response slots, selectable via the Cab Select switch.
- Built-in adjustable studio-grade VCA compressor
- Ultra-quiet 6-band graphic EQ
- 3.5mm Auxiliary input
- Headphone output with cabinet simulation and separate volume control
- MIDI - for remote switching
- USB to connect to free Darkglass Suite (for Mac/PC)
- -Loads Impulse Responses
- -Control for the VCA Compressor (programmable on/off per channel)
- -MIDI config etc. and more
- Supplied with matching Intelligent Footswitch (Super Intelligent Footswitch sold separately)
- Intelligent fan control - reduces noise when playing quietly