Epiphone Inspired by Gibson ES-339, Natural
Overview by GAK
Epiphone’s “Inspired by Gibson” ES-339 packs the distinctive looks and arresting sound of the ES-335 into a smaller, lighter form factor. Apart from the size, the ES-339 models boast the same impressive feature-set and quality construction of its larger sibling. Owning a stunning archtop, semi-hollow guitar that punches far above its weight is more attainable than ever.
With rock-solid tuning and intonation provided by the Graph Tech NuBone nut and high-quality Grover Rotomatic tuners, a warm, juicy tone from the Alnico Classic Pro humbucking pickups, Epiphone’s innovative LockTone bridge and tailpiece and an eminently playable rounded C-shape neck - the “Inspired by Gibson” ES-339 feels and - most importantly - sounds like a premium instrument.
Boasting a beautifully resonant layered maple top/back/sides construction with a feedback busting, sustain boosting solid maple centre block - you know this ES-339 has quality exactly where it counts. This is a versatile guitar that can deliver a legendary tone at a price that won’t break the bank.
The ES-339 comes in an assortment of classic finishes, including Cherry (the iconic ES colour), Natural (gorgeously understated), Pelham Blue (for the Dave Grohl fans) and Vintage Sunburst (for that old school flavour).
Overview by Epiphone
Epiphone’s “Inspired by Gibson” ES-339 is designed for those seeking the tone and look of an ES-335, but in a slightly smaller, lighter instrument. The hand-rolled C-shaped mahogany neck reminds players where it all started. A pair of Epiphone Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers showcases the versatile Gibson ES tone that players have craved for over 60 years. Tuning stability and precise intonation are provided by the Graph Tech NuBone nut, Grover Rotomatic tuners, and Epiphone’s exclusive LockTone bridge and tailpiece, which also add more sustain to your tone. Impressive gloss finishes include Cherry, Pelham Blue, Vintage Sunburst, and Natural. Optional hardshell case or EpiLite case sold separately.
- Material Mahogany
- Profile Rounded C
- Scale Length 24.724"
- Fingerboard Material Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius 12.01"
- Number Of Frets 22
- Frets Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material Graph Tech NuBone
- Nut Width 1.693"
- End of Board Width 2.258"
- Inlays Pearloid Dots
- Joint Glued in; Set Neck
- Body Shape ES-339
- Body Material Layered Maple
- Top Layered Maple
- Back Layered Maple
- Side Layered Maple
- Rim Material Layered Maple
- Centerblock Maple
- Binding 1-Ply Cream, Top and Back
- Finish Gloss
- Finish Nickel
- Tuner Plating Nickel
- Bridge Epiphone LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece Epiphone LockTone Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard 5-ply, Black
- TrussRod Dual Action
- Truss Rod Cover 2-ply Bell
- Control Knobs Black Insert Knobs
- Switch Tip Cream
- Switchwasher None
- Jack Plate Cover None
- Plastic Parts Black; PVC
- Strap Buttons 2 - bottom and back of heel
- Mounting Rings Black; PVC
- Pickup Covers Nickel
- Neck Pickup Alnico Classic PRO Neck
- Bridge Pickup Alnico Classic PRO Bridge
- Controls 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS potentiometers
- Pickup Selector 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Output Jack Epiphone Heavy Duty 1/4"
- Strings .010", .013", .017", .026"w, .036", .046"
- Case Optional