Epiphone Joe Bonamassa "Lazarus" 1959 Les Paul Standard with Hardcase
Epiphone Joe Bonamassa “Lazarus” 1959 Les Paul Standard
Joe Bonamassa found “Lazarus” in November 2019, a rare 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard, except it was in poor condition and the previous owner had covered the classic sunburst with red. It was then restored to its former glory, showing an incredible figured maple top. Joe Bonamassa has collaborated with Epiphone to design a guitar that’s inspired by “Lazarus”, so you too can get your hands on this unique model at an affordable price.
The Epiphone Joe Bonamassa “Lazarus” 1959 Les Paul Standard has a mahogany body and a maple top with a striking wide grain AAAA flame maple veneer. The neck is also made from mahogany and has an authentic '59 rounded “medium C” neck profile, making it extra comfortable to play. This is topped with a smooth Indian laurel fretboard with a 12” radius and 22 medium jumbo frets.
There is also an Epiphone LockTone Tune-O-Matic bridge to improve tuning stability, as well as a LockTone Stop Bar tailpiece and Epiphone deluxe tuning machines with tulip keys, which also help to keep your strings from going out of tune.
For pickups, the “Lazarus” 1959 Les Paul Standard is equipped with a pair of Gibson Type 2 and 3 BurstBucker pickups, which were first introduced in the 1990s and were made to recreate the magic of Gibson’s original “Patent Applied For” humbuckers. They deliver a full, airy tone while clean, and with overdrive, they produce enhanced highs that the originals are known for. The Type 2 humbucker has a medium output, and the Type 3 is overwound and hot. There’s also 50’s style wiring, CTS potentiometers and Mallory condensers.
The Epiphone Les Paul “Lazarus” is completed with Pearloid trapezoid inlays, an aged gloss finish, nickel hardware, a cream pickguard, a vintage-style hard case with Bonamassa graphics, and a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Material Mahogany
- Profile '59 Rounded Medium C
- Scale Length 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Number Of Frets 22
- Frets Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material Graph Tech
- Nut Width 1.693"
- Inlays Pearloid Trapezoid
- Joint Glued in, Long Tenon
- Body Shape Les Paul
- Body Material Mahogany
- Top Maple with Wide Grain AAAA Flame Maple Veneer
- Binding Single Ply Cream, Top and Fretboard
- Finish Aged Gloss
- Finish Nickel
- Tuner Plating Nickel
- Bridge Epiphone LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece Epiphone LockTone Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines Epiphone Deluxe with Tulip Keys
- Pickguard Cream
- TrussRod 2-Way Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover "Bell Shaped"; 2-layer (Black/White)
- Control Knobs Gold Top Hat with Dial Pointers
- Switch Tip Amber
- Switchwasher Cream with Gold Text
- Jack Plate Cover Cream
- Control Covers Black
- Strap Buttons 2 - Bottom and Shoulder
- Mounting Rings Cream
- Pickup Covers Nickel
- Neck Pickup Gibson BurstBucker 2
- Bridge Pickup Gibson BurstBucker 3
- Controls 2 Volume, 2 Tone, with 50s Wiring, CTS Potentiometers, and Mallory Capacitors
- Pickup Selector 3-Way Switchcraft Toggle
- Output Jack 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case Includes Vintage-Style Case with "BONAMASSA Nerdville, CA" Graphic
- Accessories Certificate of Authenticity