Fender '68 Custom Vibrolux Reverb
Fender '68 Custom Vibrolux Reverb Product Overview by GAK
The '68 custom Vibrolux Reverb from Fender takes a vintage amplifier and drags it kicking and screaming into the modern age. The classic Fender tone and look stay, but the added Bassman tone stack adds that little bit of oomph.
The amp's reduced negative feedback helps to provide improved touch sensitive and more responsive overdrive. Finding that sweet spot between the Deluxe Reverb and Twin Reverb create a truly spectacular sound. Their is a single 10" TEN 30 speaker on board for that classic Rock and Roll sound.
Looks wise the amp has a silver and turquoise front panel combined with an aluminium grille clothe trim.
Fender Product Overview
1968 was a transitional year for Fender amps, with tone that was still pure Fender, but a look that was brand new. With a silver-and-turquoise front panel and classy aluminum "drip edge" grille cloth trim, the Vibrolux Reverb received a fresh new face as it remained the compact, gig-ready amp of choice for pros and amateurs everywhere. The 1968 Vibrolux Reverb featured a unique 2x10 speaker configuration, which delivered snappy twang and big tube tone, while still incorporating world-class Fender reverb and vibrato effects. For countless guitarists ever since, the Vibrolux Reverb has been the go-to amp for classic Fender tone.
The '68 Custom Vibrolux Reverb Amp pays tribute to the classic look, sound and performance of Fender's late-'60s "silver-face" amps. In a special twist, both channels boast reverb and tremolo, and the "custom" channel has a modified Bassman® tone stack that gives modern players greater tonal flexibility with pedals. The amp also features quicker gain onset and reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity. While fitting a sweet spot between the Deluxe Reverb and Twin Reverb, in respect to power and size, the '68 Custom Vibrolux Reverb's dual 10" Celestion® TEN 30 configuration and 35 watts of all-tube power deliver distinctive rock 'n' roll flavour.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400.
- Series: Vintage Modified
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Speaker: Two - 10" Celestion® TEN 30 Speakers for Crunchy Modern Tones
- Inputs: Four - (1/4", Two Custom and Two Vintage)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Channels: Two - (Custom and Vintage)
- -Custom Channel: Bright Switch, Volume, Treble, Bass
- -Vintage Channel: Bright Switch, Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb, Speed, Intensity
- Effects: Reverb, Vibrato
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Wattage: 35 Watts
- Preamp Tubes: Groove Tubes® 4 x 12AX7, 2 X 12AT7
- Power Tubes: Groove Tubes® 2 x 6L6
- Cover/Grille Cloth: ï¿¼ï¿¼ï¿¼ï¿¼ï¿¼ï¿¼ï¿¼ï¿¼ï¿¼ï¿¼ï¿¼ï¿¼Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquoise Grille Cloth
- Control Panel: Silverface™ Style
- Handle: Moulded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Pilot Light Jewel: Blue Jewel
- Included Accessories: 2-Button Footswitch , Fitted Amplifier Cover
- Height: 18.13" (46.05 cm)
- Width: 24.38" (61.93 cm)
- Depth: 9.63" (24.46 cm)
- Weight: 41.8 lbs. (18.96 kg)
- Other Features:
- -Modified Vibrolux Reverb all-tube circuitry
- -Shared reverb and tremolo on both channels
- -"Vintage" channel for traditional silverface tonality
- -Modified "Custom" channel with Bassman tone stack
- -Reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity
- -Hand-wired tube sockets
- -Custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals)
- -Genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb
- -Genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo ("vibrato")
- -1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquiose grille cloth