Fender Custom Shop 1961 Jazz Bass Heavy Relic, 3 Colour Sunburst
Fender Custom Shop 1961 Jazz Bass Heavy Relic, 3 Colour Sunburst Overview.
Originally released in 1960, the Jazz Bass was a robust-sounding, smooth-playing successor to the P Bass. The 1961 Jazz Bass Heavy Relic is an homage to this iconic instrument, complete with vintage-style concentric knobs, and for the purists—felt mute tips in the case candy. The two-piece alder body is crafted from tone wood selected for its light weight and attractive grain, and wears a Heavy Relic lacquer finish, giving it the look and feel of a well-played vintage model with a long service life. The fast-playing, tinted quarter-sawn maple neck sports a “ ’60 J Bass U”-shaped profile, along with a modern 9.5”-radius fingerboard and 20 medium-jumbo frets that grant it a familiar feel. Packed with authentic Jazz Bass tone, the pair of Hand-Wound Vintage Jazz Bass pickups growl with pure power.
Other features include 4-ply Tortoiseshell pickguard, vintage-style J Bass bridge with threaded steel saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and round string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
For more info call the Bass Department on 01273 665 427 now!
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Lacquer
- Body Shape Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material Quarter-sawn Maple
- Neck Finish Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape 1960 Jazz Bass® "U"
- Scale Length 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 20
- Frets Size Medium Jumbo
- String Nut Bone
- Nut Width 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays Vintage Clay Dot
- Truss Rods Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup Custom Shop Hand-Wound Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Neck Pickup Custom Shop Hand-Wound Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching None
- Pickup Configuration SS
- Bridge 4-Saddle Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style
- Pickguard 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs Black Plastic
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Included Accessories Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity