Fender Player Jazz Bass Pau Ferro Black
Fender Player Jazz Bass Pau Black Ferro
Designed for bass players the world over who are into classic style and design, versatile and lush sounds, as well as exceptional value for money. The Player Series Jazz Bass has all the hallmarks of a classic Jazz, great curves, distinctive tonality allowing the player's character to shine through, contemporary and time honoured historical features like the spaghetti logo and Fender designed pickups. As well as performance orientated modern upgrades like gloss fronted/satin backed necks, and synthetic bone nuts.
For affordable and time tested tone it doesn't get much better than the Player Series. All Player Series feature modern "C" Profile Necks with a 9.5" Radius, Medium Jumbo Frets. All the pickups in the series have been re-designed by Tim Shaw featuring pickups that typically have a rich tone with a mid-range bump, higher output, increased bass, and a very clear high-end.
A really good, affordable bass guitar for all levels of player, just as Leo intended.
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Jazz Bass
- Bridge 4-Saddle Standard
- Bridge Pickup Player Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Configuration SS
- Control Knobs Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Controls Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Country Of Origin MX
- Fingerboard Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fret Size Medium Jumbo
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Included Accessories None
- Middle Pickup Player Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Shape Modern "C"
- Number of Frets 20
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Orientation Right-Hand
- Pickguard 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickup Configuration SS
- Pickup Switching None
- Position Inlays White Dot
- Scale Length 34" (86.36 cm)
- Series Player
- String Nut Synthetic Bone
- Strings Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Truss Rod Wrench 3/16" Hex (Allen)
- Truss Rods Standard
- Tuning Machines Standard Open-Gear
Out of the box, this instrument was almost unplayable. The neck was out of line with the body and the fixing screws were loose. Much adjustment of the truss rod was then needed before any attempt could be made to achieve a comfortable string height. The strings do not line up with the pole pieces on the pickups. The pick up heights were also very wrong. I expected more from Fender at this price. It also seems reasonable to me that a shop with GAK's reputation would at least briefly check an instrument over before dispatching it.
Guitar was well packaged and looks great, set up was way off as dispatched requiring neck adjustment, intonation, string action etc.