Gibson Custom Historic 1959 Les Paul Standard Gloss, Honey Lemon Fade
Gibson Custom 1959 Les Paul Standard Figured Top VOS Overview by GAK:
The 2018 spec Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard is simply a fantastic guitar which offers many of the refinements that the Custom Shop has been working on over many years in a stunning package. So what we have is a one-piece non weight-relieved Mahogany aniline dyed body, one-piece Mahogany neck with a long tenon, hide glue fitted neck, top and fingerboard, historically accurate deluxe Kluson tuners, True Historic Spec plastic parts and a pair of now legendary Custombucker pickups. The serial numbers are period correct too- just like if you'd picked one up in a store in the late fifties. This guitar has a VOS nitrocellulose finish which gives the patina of a gently aged guitar, a late 50's neck profile, an Aniline dyed Mahogany back and carries its own unique serial number on the back of the headstock starting with the number '9'.
- Body: Solid, Non-Weight Relieved 1 Piece Mahogany Back
- Top: Carved Maple Top, attached with Hide Glue
- Binding: Single-ply Cream Binding on Top
- Neck: 1-piece Mahogany Neck with Long Neck Tenon, fitted with Hide Glue
- Profile: 50's Rounded
- Truss Rod: Historic Truss Rod Assembly (No Tubing)
- Fingerboard: One-piece Rosewood, attached with Hide Glue
- Radius: 12"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Binding: Single-ply Cream
- Inlays: Cellulose Trapezoid
- Nut/E.O.B: 1.687"/2.062"
- Nut: Nylon, PLEK System slits
- Headstock Inlay: Holly Headstock Veneer w/ Pearl logo
- Potentiometers: 2 Volume Controls, 2 Tone Controls
- Capacitors: Bumblebee
- Tuners: Kluson™ Deluxe
- Bridge: ABR-1 bridge
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar Tailpiece
- Neck Pickup: Custom Bucker
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Bucker
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Case: Custom Shop Hardshell
- Additional: Each 2017 Custom Shop Les Paul Standard comes with a Certificate of Authenticity, adjustment literature, and documentation for the guitar's two year warranty