Gibson Memphis 2016 1958 ES-335 VOS ('58 Natural)
Seen it cheaper or need more info?Call Us Now!
Gibson Memphis 2016 1958 ES-335 VOS Overview by GAK:
Gibson Memphis captures that original "dot neck" version to a 'T' in the 1958 ES-335 VOS! Historically correct details include the correct "Mickey Mouse ears" body shape and the lack of fingerboard binding as on the very first ES-335s produced. And like the originals the neck is attached to the body using hide glue and has quartersawn Adirondack Spruce top braces and tubeless historic truss rod. The nitrocellulose VOS finish tops it off beautifully giving the guitar a gently aged look.
- Body: 3-Ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Body internal: Maple Centre Block, Quartered Adirondack Spruce braces
- Glue: Hot hide glue for braces and centerblock, Franklin Titebond 50 for rim assembly
- Neck: 1 Piece Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Traditional "C"measuring 0.90" at 1st fret, 1.00" at 12th fret
- Neck fit: Mortise and Tenon using Hot Hide Glue
- Nut: White Nylon, 1.707"
- Fingerboard: 1 Piece Dark Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 30.48 cm / 12"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Dot Pearloid
- Rhythm Pickup: Alnico III MHS Humbucker, 7.5k
- Lead Pickup: Alnico II MHS Humbucker, 7.9k
- Pots: CTS 550K Audio
- Capacitors: Bumblebee .022mfd/200v
- Tuning Keys: Kluson Single Ring Tulip Button
- Bridge: No Wire ABR
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Stop Bar
- Case: Period Correct Tan & Pink Hard Shell