Gretsch G6131T-MY Malcolm Young Jet, Ebony Fingerboard, Natural Overview
Gretsch G6131T-MY Malcolm Young Jet Natural - Gretsch honors the late Malcolm Young, whose rock-solid rhythm guitar swagger and songwriting provided the unshakeable foundation for monumental rock titans AC/DC.
The G6131-MY pays homage to Young’s famously battle-hardened Gretsch Jet. Nicknamed “The Beast,” Malcolm certainly made the instrument his own, not least by removing two of the three pickups, stripping away the finish, and pounding out some of the hardest and most memorable rhythms the world has heard.
This models features the essential hallmarks of one of rock’s most iconic instruments including “DIY” pickup routes with simulated screw holes, chrome switch plugs, Space-Control bridge and '60s-style tailpiece. Open-cavity thunder roars from the thin-skin satin finished chambered mahogany body and is magnified by a high-output TV Jones® Power’Tron™ pickup.
Malcolm Young’s fiery rock ‘n’ roll spirit lives on through AC/DC’s enduringly timeless music, and it is Gretsch’s great privilege to pay fitting tribute to him with a finely crafted instrument bearing his name.
- DIY pickup routes with simulated screw holes
- Chrome switch plugs
- TV Jones Power’Tron bridge pickup
- Double-cutaway chambered mahogany body with maple top
- Aged-white binding
- Bound ebony fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and Neo-Classic thumbnails
- Gretsch '60s Jet tailpiece
- Space-Control bridge, bone nut and Schaller die-cast tuners
- Available in Aged Natural stain with black back and sides
- Thin-skin semi-gloss finish for a true tour-worn feel
Elixir 12052 Nickel Plated Steel Nanoweb Electric, Light, 10-46
Tiger GST49 Wooden Guitar Wall Hanger
Dunlop 418P Tortex Standard Picks, .73mm, 12 Pack