Ibanez JS2480 Joe Satriani, Muscle Car Red
Ibanez JS2480-MCR Joe Satriani Signature Overview by GAK:
So it's been 28 years since Joe Satriani's original JS model was introduced. Joe has worked through many models and endless tweaks and refinement from his original design which was inspired by the Ibanez Radius which sat alongside the original RG and Sabre in the 80's. So where we're at with this 2017 JS2480 is 24 frets, the deeper cutaway, the legendary original Edge tremolo (which needs no improvement!), the newly developed DiMarzio® Satchur8 humbucker in the bridge with a Sustainiac pickup in the neck! For a tonal innovator like Joe using a Sustainiac is no surprise- giving you infinite sustain on either the fretted note or a harmonic overtone, regardless of volume or whether you have a bunch of flat-out Marshall stacks for your backline! Professional finishing touches like the Titanium Ultralite tremolo arm and the supreme Prestige fret end finishing round out a truly exceptional axe.
- Neck Type: JS 3Pc Maple/Bubinga Neck
- Body: Basswood Body
- Fretboard: Rosewood Fretboard w/ Mother of Pearl dot inlays
- Frets: 24 Medium Frets w/ Prestige fret edge treatment
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 42.8mm
- Neck Radius: 250mm
- Bridge: Edge Tremolo Bridge
- Neck Pickup: Sustainiac Drive Single Coil Neck Pickup
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio Satchur8 Humbucker Bridge Pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Other Features: Sustainiac Stealth Pro Preamp; Sustainiac on/off switch on tone control (push/pull); Hi-pass filter on volume control (push/pull); includes Ultralite Tremolo Arm
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Case/Bag: Hardshell Case Included