Korg Volca Bass
Korg Product Overview
The KORG VOLCA BASS is an ultra compact analogue three oscillator bass synthesiser with sequencer in KORGs popular VOLCA format. From deep warm house sub basses to tearing dubstep riffs the VOLCA BASS has you covered. If you are looking for low end. or a little inspiration this little synth has it in the bag. Intuitive to use, inspirational in its operation the Volca Bass is as at home in the studio as it is on the live circuit.
- Powerful analog bass sound creation and an Electribe-inspired sequencer for the ultimate bass lines:
- -Powerful analog bass sound
- -Three analogue oscillators for thick, huge bass line
- -Newly designed analog filter for crisp, bright response
- -Simple structure with single VCF, VCA, LFO, and EG
- Loop sequencer distilled from the Electribe series:
- -Electribe-style 16-step sequencer with eight memory patches
- -Slide function that's indispensable for acid and other types of electronic music
- -Active Step function generates new bass lines by removing or inserting steps
- Convenient functions for ease of use:
- -Self-tuning function for constant, stable pitch
- -Sync In and Out allows clock sync of multiple instruments from the volca Series as well as Korg's Monotribe
- -Go-anywhere analogue: play anywhere with the built-in speaker and optional battery power
- SYNC jack and MIDI IN connector allow synchronized performance with multiple units or with your DAW
- By using the sync jack you can enjoy synchronized playback with multiple volcas or with a monotribe. You can also use the "SyncKontrol" iPhone app to wirelessly control tap tempo, swing settings, and synchronized playback with iOS music apps via WIST.
- The MIDI IN connector lets you synchronize with other devices, as well as play the volca from any MIDI keyboard. You can also send note messages from your DAW and use the volca as an analog sound module.
- Self-tuning function (Volca Bass and Keys only)
- Until now, the problem with analog synthesizers has been that the pitch would drift over time, or because of changes in temperature. Volca solves this by providing a Self-tuning function that constantly tunes the oscillators. You'll never need to tune during a performance, or wait for the pitch to stabilize after turning the power on.
- Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere
- With its compact size, battery operation, and built-in speaker, it's easy to take the volca anywhere and perform any time.
- Aggressive sounds that stand up to the drums; fat sounds that support the rhythm; funky sounds that generate a groove - the volca Bass is an analog groove box that has what you need for a wide range of bass lines.
- Although simple in structure, the analog sound engine has an unmistakable presence with subtle nuances that cannot be reproduced by a digital simulation; it's a great choice for acid house and many other styles of music. The step sequencer distilled from the Electribe is not only visually intuitive; it's also a powerful way to generate "free form" bass loops that will stimulate your inspiration.