Native Instruments Kontrol S61 Mk3 Controller Keyboard Overview
With the Native Instruments Kontrol S61 Mk3, you’re not just acquiring a MIDI keyboard; you’re embracing a game-changing creative tool. This pivotal piece of live and studio equipment is designed for the modern producer, composer, and musician who wants full expressive control over their hardware and virtual instruments.
Bringing together the realms of virtual instruments and tactile reality, the Native Instruments Kontrol S61 Mk3 sets the bar for intelligent MIDI keyboard controllers. Seamlessly merging with Kontakt, it showcases an impressive high-definition screen, streamlining your workflow and optimising your creativity.
Ultimate Expressive Control: Polyphonic Aftertouch
A highlight of this latest generation of Kontrol keyboards is polyphonic aftertouch. Unlike mono or channel aftertouch, polyphonic aftertouch lets you add expression to individual notes. For example, you can assign polyphonic aftertouch to the filter cutoff or LFO amount of a virtual synthesizer. When you hold down a chord, you can add or decrease the cutoff or LFO amount on a per-note basis, letting you introduce vibrato or more brightness to certain notes. Once you’ve experienced poly aftertouch, you won’t go back.
With every touch and note, each individual key responds. It allows for intricate control over parameters like pitch, vibrato, cutoff and more - all from the way you play the keys. Developed meticulously with Fatar, the Kontrol S61 Mk3 boasts an industry-acclaimed keybed, assuring an exceptional polyphonic aftertouch experience where each note you play has an extra level of articulation.
Virtual Integration: Beyond the Basics
Elevate your interactivity with your virtual instruments. The advanced NKS technology empowers you with deep control and direct integration, bridging the gap between the tactile and digital. With its high-resolution full-colour screen, you can browse, tweak, and mix with ease, making those sounds and effects more accessible and vibrant than ever.
A Fresh Take on Design and Functionality
Meticulously crafted, the Kontrol S61 Mk3 sports a modern aesthetic with robust metal and glass components, reflecting dedication to quality and durability for live performance. Its intuitive light guide has been redesigned to keep you in tune, highlighting sounds, key zones, scales, and switches. Other features include anodized aluminium knobs, and versatile pitch and modulation wheels.
Extensive Compatibility and Connectivity
Whether it’s USB MIDI, USB-C bus power, or additional pedal inputs you’re after, the Kontrol S61 Mk3 has you covered. Integration with major DAWs ensures you’re not confined to basic transport controls, making it a valuable tool for any studio setup.
Software Inclusion to Kickstart Creation
The package is enriched with a selection of software to get you started. From the iconic tones of Stradivari Cello to the versatile capabilities of Elements Suite and Komplete Kontrol Software, you're ready to enhance your music productions and compositions right out of the box.
- Unparalleled software integration with next-generation NKS technology ensures a direct and immersive connection to Kontakt and partner instruments, effects, and sounds
- Choose between 49 or 61 semi-weighted keys, or 88 hammer-action keys, all set in a Fatar keybed
- All three models come with polyphonic aftertouch as standard, plus Kontrol S88 is the first widely available hammer-action polyphonic aftertouch keyboard controller
- High-resolution full-color screen for intuitive browsing, tweaking, and mixing
- Beautiful design with metal and glass elements, manufactured to the highest quality
- Stay in key with a redesigned Light Guide, that also pinpoint sounds, key zones, switches, scales, and more
- Anodized aluminum knobs and pitch and modulation wheels
- USB MIDI, USB-C bus powered, plus sustain, expression, and two assignable pedal inputs
- Integration with all major DAWs that goes far beyond standard transport controls
- 1 high-resolution color screen with glass surface (1280 × 480)
- CNC machined, bead blasted and anodized aluminum, 8 × encoder caps, 1 × 4D encoder cap, 2 × wheels (pitch and mod)
- RGB illuminated pitch and mod wheels
- New button-islands that form a continuous dustproof control surface and are grouped by function
- Dimensions: 967.4 × 323 × 86 mm
- Weight: 6 kg
- Komplete Select
- Komplete Kontrol Software
- Stradivari Cello
- Guitar Rig LE
- Elements Suite
- MIDI 2.0 compatible
- Intel Core i5, Apple M1 (and equivalent or higher)
- macOS 13 (Ventura) or higher (compatible with macOS 12 in MIDI 1.0 mode)
- Windows 10 (latest service pack) or higher
- 8 GB RAM
- An internet connection and a graphics card that supports Direct 3D 11.1 (feature level 11_0) or higher are required to download and activate this product. Once installed and activated, the product can be used offline.
Roland DP 10 Piano Style Sustain Pedal
Hercules KS210B Keyboard Stand
M-Audio SP-2 Sustain Pedal
Hercules KS410B AutoLock Z Keyboard Stand with Tier
DOD Mini Expression Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Single Expression Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Dual Expression Pedal