Neumann TLM 102 Studio Microphone (Nickel)
The Neumann TLM 102 Nickel is impressive in terms of sound. The interior is a newly developed large-diaphragm capsule (cardioid) with a maximum sound pressure level of 144 dB, which permits the recording of percussion, drums, amps and other very loud sound sources
Instruments that are not especially loud also benefit from the very fast transient response of the Neumann TLM 102. However its most important applications are in the realm of vocals and speech; a slight boost above 6 kHz provides for excellent presence of the voice in the overall mix. Up to 6 kHz the frequency response is extremely linear, ensuring minimal coloration and a clearly defined bass range.
The capsule has an elastic suspension for the suppression of structure-borne noise. A pop screen integrated into the grille serves to suppress plosives in vocal and speech recording.
the Neumann TLM 102 Nickel is ideal for the home recording and project studio sector, as well as for the broadcasting area, especially when clear lines of sight to the speakers are a priority.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Large-diaphragm microphone with cardioid directional characteristic (pressure gradient transducer)
- Compact, characteristic but smaller-scale Neumann design
- Very high maximum sound pressure level
- Slight presence boost above 6 kHz
- Transformerless circuitry
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 11 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Maximum output voltage: 13 dBu
- Supply voltage: 48 V
- Matching connector: XLR3F
- Weight: approx. 260 g
- Diameter: 52 mm
- Length: 116 mm