Oberheim OB-X8 Desktop Analogue Synth Module Overview
The compact and powerful Oberheim OB-X8 Desktop Analogue Synth Module is designed for synthesists seeking the ultimate in portable analogue synthesis, condensing iconic Oberheim sound, modern enhancements and unparalleled sonic possibilities in a sleek, easily transportable form factor.
The Oberheim OB-X8 Desktop Analogue Synth Module brings the iconic Oberheim sound to a new generation of musicians in a portable and powerful package that retains the knob-per-function control of the OB-X8 keyboard. The desktop module gives you the freedom to pair it with any controller of your choosing, from the largest 88-key MIDI keyboard to the most compact sequencer. You can even sequence and automate the OB-X8 module from your DAW via the USB port.
Experience the pure sonic muscle of the iconic OB-X, OB-Xa and OB-8 synthesizers in a format that fits comfortably in any creative space and is easily transportable for live performances. As well as authentically capturing the distinctive character of vintage Oberheims, the OB-X8 allows you to take them in a new direction with its host of additional sound design options.
Whether you’re using SEM filters on a classic OB-X patch or manipulating the filter with velocity, the OB-X8 module lets you do it all and much more.
All-Analogue Signal Path
Despite its smaller footprint, the OB-X8 desktop module features the same all-analogue signal path as its keyboard counterpart. With discrete VCOs, VCAs and filters, you can effortlessly craft unique sounds using the knob-per-function design, putting every parameter at your fingertips.
Classic Oberheim Sound, Modern Enhancements
The Oberheim OB-X8 desktop module delivers the warmth and punch that characterised legendary tracks by Prince, Van Halen, Rush and countless other artists. It includes classic OB-series factory sounds alongside new presets designed by world-class sound designers. The OB-X8’s user-friendly controls make creating your own signature sounds a breeze.
A Triumvirate of Iconic Synths
The Oberheim OB-X8 combines the distinct voice architectures of the OB-X, OB-Xa and OB-8 into a single, versatile instrument. Faithfully reproducing each model’s unique filter types and characteristics, the OB-X8 allows you to mix elements from different models to create never-before-heard sounds.
Unlock Hidden Power with Page 2022
The OB-X8 includes all the classic Page 2 parameters alongside new ones for 2022, giving you direct access to over 40 nuanced controls. These controls include additional SEM filter modes, per-voice panning, LFO keyboard tracking, Mod delay time and envelope inversion, among others.
Feature-Packed and Ready for Action
The OB-X8 desktop module boasts 8-voice pure-analogue polyphony, bi-timbral capabilities and over 600 user-programmable presets. The high-resolution OLED display makes patch management and accessing advanced features effortless. With an array of connectivity options, including MIDI In, Out, Thru and USB, the OB-X8 is ready to integrate seamlessly into any studio or live setup.
A Synth Pioneer Returns
Oberheim’s innovative vision in the '70s and '80s helped spark the electronic music revolution. Today, the company continues to honour Tom Oberheim’s legacy by delivering the finest-sounding analogue synthesizers to a new generation of musicians and artists.
- - 8-voice pure-analog polyphony
- - Two discrete OB-X/SEM-lineage VCOs per voice deliver classic punchy Oberheim tone
- - Discrete SEM-lineage VCFs deliver authentic OB-X-style tone and presence
- - Genuine Curtis filters add bold OB-Xa/OB-8 character
- - Meticulously modeled envelope responses match each OB model: OB-X, Ob-Xa, and OB-8
- - Bi-timbral capability allows two presets simultaneously for splits and doubles
- - 400-plus factory programs, including the full set of factory sounds for the OB-X, OB-SX, Ob-Xa, and OB-8
- - Integral fan-less, heatsink-free power supply
- - Real walnut end cheeks
- - High-resolution OLED display enables patch management and easy access to advanced features
- - Additional SEM filter modes add high-pass, band-pass, and notch functions to the classic OB-X filter
- - Vintage knob allows variable amounts of voice-to-voice variability to emulate the behavior of vintage instruments
- - Velocity response adds expressiveness to volume and filter
- - Channel Aftertouch response adds real-time performance-based modulation
- - Enhanced unison allows variable voice stacking from 1-8 voices
- - Programmable per-voice pan allows wider stereo presence
- - Variable oscillator and noise levels
- - Variable triangle wave cross-modulation
- - Over 600 user-programmable preset locations
- Ins & Outs:
- - L/R Stereo and Mono outputs
- - Volume, Sustain, and Filter pedal inputs
- - Arpeggiator clock input
- - MIDI In, Out, Thru
- - USB
- - Weight: 9 lbs. 9 oz. (4.34 kg)
- - Size: 22.00” L x 8.50” W x 4” H (55.88 cm x 21.59 cm x 10.16 cm).
Adam Audio A7V Active Studio Monitor
Moog Moogerfooger EP3 Expression Pedal
Stagg NCC3UAUB USB Cable, 3m/10ft
Hercules KS110B Keyboard Stand
Roland KS-20X Double Braced Keyboard Stand
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro Studio Monitor Headphones, 80 Ohm
Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro Open Back Studio Monitor Headphones, 250 Ohm
Roland RCC-15-2814 Black Dual Unbalanced Jack Cable, 15ft/4.5m
Roland RCC-10-2814 Black Dual Unbalanced Mono Jack Cable, 10ft/3m