TC Helicon MP-70
TC Helicon MP-70 Product Overview
The TC Helicon MP-70 is a microphone engineered for the sonic realities of modern vocal performance including the requirements of vocal effect processors.
The TC Helicon MP-70 is designed for today where the advent of singers using studio quality vocal processing on stage has transformed live vocal performance. Singers are demanding more control. The effects used by modern vocalists require off-axis noise rejection and frequency response that the majority of dynamic instrument microphones repurposed for singers just can't deliver. TC-Helicon MP-70 delivers.
The proprietary Lismer capsule design uses a patented neodymium magnet structure for high output and uniform performance. The placement of the super-cardioid capsule provides best in class off-axis noise rejection and feedback suppression. In addition, a dual material diaphragm with light and rigid sections produces optimal high frequency response. If you're making use of the latest in vocal processing, this microphone can help give your sound that studio-produced edge.
The MP-70 is voiced for the close-up mic technique modern vocalists use. Singers also expect a rugged design built for live performance. MP-70 uses a special heat-treated and hardened steel windscreen grill to provide up to 10 times the durability of non-hardened grills.
- Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Rated impedance is 150 ohms (300 ohms actual)
- Output Level (at 1KHz): -54dBV/Pa (1.99mV) - 1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz -18kHz
- Zinc die-cast Body
- Special heat treated hardened steel wire mesh ball grill provides up to 10 times durability of non-hardened ball grills
- Patented neodymium magnet structure for high output and uniform performance
- Combination cloth/foam pop filter rivals studio performance
- Patented dual material diaphragm: light, rigid section for optimal high frequency response; light, flexible section for optimal low frequency response
- Height: 7.25 inches (185 mm)
- Diameter (max): 2 inches (50 mm)
- Weight: .63 lb. (.29 kg)