Yamaha P-S500 Digital Piano, White Overview
The P-S500 digital piano is a finely crafted instrument with remarkably authentic sound and expressive sensitivity. If you’re just starting out on the piano or you simply want a beautifully stylish piano in your home — the P-S500 combines slim style with great features such as Stream Lights to start your very own piano playing journey.
GHS (Graded Hammer Standard) keyboard with matte black keytops
- Compatible with Smart Pianist app installed to a smart device Stream Lights feature helps you perform even if you can't read music notation
- Enjoy playing along with the 403 preset Songs, covering a wide range of genres from pop music to classical music
- “Audio To Score” function converts your favourite audio songs into piano Accompaniment Scores
- Authentic Yamaha CFX & Bösendorfer Imperial concert grand piano Voices
- Virtual Resonance Modelling (VRM)
- 88-note weighted GHS keyboard
- Huge variety of 660 high-quality instrument Voices, including Super Articulation Voices
- Built-in Auto Accompaniment features with 370 Styles
- Microphone input and automatic Vocal Harmony
Intuitive control with your smart device - Simply connect the instrument to a smart device and use the dedicated Smart Pianist app to access all instrument controls and configuration tools. You can also enjoy powerful features such as app-generated piano scores of your favourite songs that help you learn and play along.
Stream lights show you the way - Red and blue lights above each key show you which notes to play, and when to play them. This extraordinary feature helps you learn how to play, and practice, without ever having learned how to read music, making learning more fun than ever before!
Audio and Midi recording - The P-S500 lets you record your own performances in two different formats: audio and MIDI. Audio recording allows you to capture your playing conventionally, which you can then play back on your smart device. MIDI recording, on the other hand, lets you record up to 16 tracks, with separate left- and right-hand parts or complex multi-instrumental arrangements.
Play your personal favourites or songs from the built-in library - The instrument features 403 built-in songs covering a wide range of genres, from pop songs to classical pieces. You can play the melodies along with the backing of a full band arrangement. The powerful “Audio To Score” function automatically creates piano accompaniment scores from your favourite audio songs so you can play along with the original recordings.
- The P-S500 is equipped with 660 varied, high-quality Voices including stunning pianos, electric pianos, organs, brass, strings, percussion, and more. From breathy saxophones to ringing guitars and warm, resonant strings, the P-S500 impressively replicates sounds down to the finest nuances. Thanks to acclaimed Super Articulation technology, the distinctive characteristics of each instrument are reproduced in incredible detail as you play
- The Yamaha Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) keyboard features a weighted action with heavier touch in the low end and lighter touch in the high end, just like the hammers inside an acoustic piano. Great for the aspiring pianist, practicing on the GHS action builds the proper finger technique and strength for when the time comes to perform on an acoustic piano.
- Accompaniment and rhythmic backing patterns (called “Styles”) covering a wide range of musical genres, including pop, jazz, and many more, lets you single-handedly recreate the sound of a full band or orchestra.
- P-S500 features piano sounds captured from the flagship Yamaha CFX concert grand and the famed Viennese Bösendorfer Imperial grand. These piano samples put two of the world’s finest and most prominent concert grand pianos at your fingertips.
- In a grand piano, strings and sounds resonate throughout the entire body of the instrument producing a rich reverberation that envelops the listener in sound. Not only are the strings you are playing vibrating, but other strings ring as a reaction to ones you play. This is one reason the piano sound is so complex and rich.
- This phenomena is reproduced perfectly in the P-S500 through Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) which calculates the various states of the strings for each of the 88 notes on the keyboard from one instant to the next. As a result, the P-S500 reflects the limitless number of factors inherent in playing an acoustic piano such as which keys are pressed, the strength with which the keys are played and pedal timing.
- Since a microphone can be connected to the P-S500, you can enjoy singing along with your keyboard performance or along with Song playback. Moreover, you can apply various studio-quality effects such as chorus to your singing voice, and even cancel the vocal part on audio recordings — letting you sing along with (or instead of!) your favourite artists and groups, and enjoy performing even more.
- Smart Pianist app supports not only wired connection but also wireless connection with the optional UD-WL01 Wi-Fi USB wireless LAN adaptor.
- (Sold separately)
- LP-1 Pedal Unit
- L-300 Matching Stand
- Width: Size/Weight Width 1,329 mm [52-5/16"]
- Height: 167 mm [6-9/16"]
- Depth: 410 mm [16-1/8"]
- Weight: 21.8 kg (48 lbs., 1 oz.)
- Number of Keys: 88
- Type: GHS (Graded Hammer Standard) keyboard with matte black keytops
- Touch Sensivity: Hard2 / Hard1 / Medium / Soft1 / Soft2 / Fixed
- Type: Full dot LCD
- Piano Sound: Yamaha CFX / Bösendorfer Imperial
- Binaural Sampling: Yes (“CFX Grand” only)
- Virtual Resonance Modelling (VRM): Yes
- Key-off Samples: Yes
- Polyphony (max.): 256
- Number of Voices 660 (When not connected to Smart Pianist: 100)
- Featured Voices: 13 VRM Voices, 111 Super Articulation Voices, 25 Natural Voices, 27 Sweet Voices, 47 Cool Voices, 58 Live Voices, 29 Organ Flutes Voices