Yamaha P121 Digital Piano, Black
Yamaha P-121 Personal Piano, Black overview from GAK
The P-121 Personal Piano from Yamaha combines over a century of piano craftsmanship and innovation, it features 73 Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) keys, 24 unique and ultra-realistic voices including the renowned Yamaha CFIIIS 9' concert grand piano tone a range of effects including resonance, reverb and chorus, built in rhythms plus two-track recording. The Yamaha P-121 is a compact personal piano perfect for the home and studio, powerful enough for the stage, combining industry-leading technology with portability and value for money.
The P-121 has 73 keys (a slight reduction from the standard 88 keys), each is hammer weighted to give the P-121 the authentic feeling of an acoustic grand. The brain of the P-121 hosts the unmistakable Yamaha CFIIIS 9' concert grand piano voice as well as an additional 23 other voices that include various electric pianos from the 60's through to the 80's, organs, strings and the much-loved harpsichord.
The tones found on the P-121 can be combined or split across the keyboard giving you a great deal of flexibility whilst playing, to add more depth to your performance and practise. the P-121 also hosts a range of onboard rhythm and bass tracks to play along with, each differing in genre, tempo and style.
The Yamaha P-121 is designed for the home, studio, classroom and stage, weighing a modest 10kg it's portable even with its powerful onboard speaker system that includes two 12cm and two 4cm speakers powered by two 7W amplifiers. The onboard speakers produce clean high frequencies and deep lower bass frequencies with ease. To combat the effect of environment on your speaker sound, the P-121 also has an onboard 'Table EQ' that allows you to adjust the output to cater for the acoustics of your playing environment.
The P-121 has lots of onboard technology to assist in your practise and performance, this includes a multitrack recorder and the ability to transmit MIDI and digital audio to a computer using a single USB cable. Furthermore, the P-121 can be easily connected to any iOS device via USB to be used alongside various apps including Yamaha's own 'Smart Pianist' app that allows you control piano features, access and play along to your own music library and create chord tracks fro your favourite tracks.
- Number of Keys: 73
- Type of Keys: Graded Hammer Standard with Hard/Medium/Soft/Fixed touch sensitivity
- Presets: 24 voices, 21 demo songs, 50 piano songs, Pure CF Sound Engine
- Polyphony: 192 Notes
- Effects: Reverb, Sound Boost, Intelligent Acoustic Control, Damper Resonance
- MIDI Recording: Standard MIDI Files, 1 song (up to 11,000 notes), 2 tracks
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (aux out)
- Headphones: 2 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: USB
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x 7-pin DIN (pedal unit), 1 x 1/4" (sustain)
- Pedal Included: Yes
- Built-in Speakers: 2 x 4.7" woofer, 2 x 1.5" tweeter
- Amplifier: 2 x 7W
- Power Supply: 12V DC power supply (included)
- Height: 6.54"
- Width: 43.86"
- Depth: 11.61"
- Weight: 22.05 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: P121B
- The newly improved 2-way speaker system produces an expansive piano sound in both upward and downward directions.
- This enables the player to enjoy a rich sound field as though you were sitting in front of an acoustic piano.
- When using headphones, the Stereophonic Optimizer lets players enjoy the same dispersed sound heard when sitting in front of an acoustic piano. With the Stereophonic Optimizer, Voices sampled from acoustic pianos appear to come from the body of the instrument.
- This provides a comfortable, natural experience that eliminates the downsides of performing with headphones.