Akai Professional MPC Studio Overview
The Akai Professional MPC Studio is a rugged and highly compact USB bus-powered controller that provides you with intuitive, hands-on hardware control over your software. When used alongside the included Akai Professional’s renowned MPC2 software (which is included with each MPC Studio), you can enjoy a seamless and inspiring music production experience.
Premium Pads for Perfect Production
Akai Professional have equipped the MPC Studio with 16 full-size velocity-sensitive RBG pads - an essential element of any MPC. These premium pads give you complete expressive control during your music production sessions, allowing you to punch in deep drum patterns, subtle synth grooves, serene sample hits and more with ease. Coloured visuals provide instant visual feedback of your velocities and pad groupings.
Whether you’re recording a fresh beat, a melody or chord hits, you can rapidly tailor the MPC Studio with the ability to alternate between Note Mode and Chord Mode. With so much tactile control at your fingertips, the MPC Studio can swiftly adapt to your workflow as inspiration strikes. Note Repeat - another MPC staple - is on hand for those trademark rolls and stutters.
Assignable Touch Strip Control and Expression
A standout feature of Akai Professional’s MPC Studio is the assignable Touch Strip, which can be used to dynamically control soft synths, DAW controls and more. It’s a great tool to have for altering sounds or adding effects in real-time during a live performance as well as adding automation to your tracks.
Colour Screen for Vibrant Feedback
The vibrant colour LCD screen is a key part of the MPC Studio’s effortless and efficient production workflow. The LCD screen allows you to stay focussed on creating and use the laptop less by giving you important visual feedback and information at a glance. When it comes to trimming waveforms, auditioning instruments, browsing samples, adjusting parameters and choosing the perfect plugin preset, the MPC Studio’s screen makes it a breeze.
Includes MPC2 Software
Alongside a top-notch hardware controller, you also receive Akai Professional’s renowned MPC2 Software. This powerful DAW and production suite boasts real-time time-stretching, sophisticated MIDI editing, VST compatibility, massive 128-track sequencing as well as a wide range of studio-quality plugin instruments and Insert Effects. With all this software at your disposal, you can easily create, mix and master professional tracks all within the MPC2 Software. Check out our blog on MPC v2.10 if you want to learn more about all the fantastic new plugins that come with MPC2 Sofware.
Within MPC2 Software is an impressive array of sounds, drum samples, instruments and loops that cover a huge range of styles and genres. In total, MPC2 Software gives you access to over 100 pro-level instrument and effect plugins - everything the modern beat maker needs.
In addition to Akai Professional’s own creations, the MPC2 software also comes with plugins from renowned developer AIR Music Tech. The AIR Vocal Suite has been specially designed to make your vocal recordings sound slick and polished, featuring automatic vocal tuning, harmonising and doubling. Instrument-wise, you’ve got spot-on emulations of legendary vintage keyboards (AIR Solina, AIR Mellotron, WayOutWare Odyssey) and AIR Hype (excels at modern synth sounds).
If you’re after a portable USB hardware controller with tonnes of hands-on control and tight integration with MPC2 software, Akai Professional’s MPC Studio is definitely worth your attention.
- 16 Full Size Velocity Sensitive RGB Pads ensure maximum expression and control for notes, chords, and percussion
- Colour LCD offers visual feedback for browsing samples, editing waveforms, and adjusting parameters
- Touch Strip Controller for dynamic real-time control and manipulation of knobs, sliders and parameters for creating your own signature sounds
- MPC Studio is a Complete MPC System
- 3.5mm (1⁄8-inch) MIDI I/O for seamless integration with MIDI devices and hardware
- USB Bus Powered controller offers portable music production
- A Full DAW experience including MPC2 Software for limitless creative possibilities and rendering finalised polished masters
- Pads: (16) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit (8) banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons Knobs
- Knobs: (1) 360° push encoder for display navigation and selection
- Touch Strip: (1) multi-function 5.5” (140 mm) touch-capacitive controller with LED indicators
- Buttons: (39) LED backlit dedicated function buttons
- Display: Full-colour LCD
- Connections: (1) 1⁄8-inch (3.5 mm) MIDI input, (1) 1⁄8-inch (3.5 mm) MIDI output, (1) USB Type-B port
- Power: via USB
- Dimensions (width x depth x length): 12.0” x 6.7” x 1.5”, 305 x 171 x 37mm
- Weight: 1.8 lbs., 0.83kg
M-Audio BX3 Active Studio Monitors, Pair
Lynx MELCD XLR Neutrik Microphone Cable, 10m
Lynx USAB/3 USB Cable 2.0 A Plug to B Plug, 3m
Stagg NCC3UAUB USB Cable, 3m/10ft
Stagg NGC Instrument Cable, 3m/10ft, Neutrik/Rean NGC3R
Roland RMIDI-B5-DUAL Black Dual MIDI Cable, 5ft/1.5m
Roland RMIDI-B10 Black MIDI Cable, 10ft/3m
Stagg SGC3 Instrument Cable, 3m/10ft
Stagg SGC1,5 Instrument Cable 1.5m/5ft