AKG C1000S MK IV Condenser Microphone Overview
The AKG C1000S MK IV condenser microphone is the best version so far, presenting a highly versatile and flexible solution for live, studio and field recording solution that can easily withstand the rigours of regular use.
A True Classic
The original AKG C1000S swiftly became an essential microphone for countless engineers, thanks to its sonic definition, incredible versatility and ability to be powered with two AA batteries when phantom power isn’t available. The fourth generation of the AKG C1000S is the most refined rendition so far, delivering everything that made the MK I immensely popular as well as a host of new features and upgrades. Whether you’re capturing acoustic guitar, guitar cabinets, percussion or vocals, you can count on the AKG C1000S to convey the detail and nuance of your sound source.
A feature that made the AKG C1000S a go-to mic for live and mobile recording engineers is that it can run off of battery power, which is handy when there isn’t a source for phantom power. Like the first model, the AKG C1000S MK IV can also run from a pair of AA batteries and can deliver up to 120 hours of functionality. AKG have equipped the C1000S MK IV with a handy LED light which indicates how much life is left in the batteries. After switching the battery power on, the LED will flash a few times to show the batteries are functioning well and stay lit when there are around 45 minutes of juice left.
AKG’s C1000S has always been known for its versatility and the MK IV is no exception. The C1000S MK IV can alternate between Cardioid and Hypercardioid polar patterns, allowing you to optimise the mic for a wide range of sound sources. There’s also a useful presence boost switch that enhances frequencies in the 5 to 9kHz range - perfect for interview and speech applications.
MK IV Features
New additions that the AKG C1000S MK IV brings to the table include an onboard high-pass filter and a pad. The switches for these features are safely housed within the battery compartment, preventing accidental adjustment during ENG/EFP and video productions. The high-pass filter is set at 80Hz and is suited to reducing handling noise during a live performance, ENG or interview contexts and cutting out proximity effect. The-10dB pad can prevent your preamp from overloading, especially when you use the AKG C1000S MK IV to record a loud source such as a guitar cabinet or drums.
The AKG C1000 S has always been known for its rugged design that can handle practically anything you throw at it, which has made it a top choice for touring and live sound applications. The AKG C1000 S MK4 is the most road-ready yet, boasting an upgraded gold-plated capsule that resists corrosion and combats handling noise. When it's time to transport your AKG C1000 S between gigs, sessions or interviews, simply place it in the included carry bag. The mic also comes with a foam windscreen for when you’re recording out in the field and a stand adapter.
The AKG C1000S MK IV is an outstanding all-round small-diaphragm microphone that can cover a variety of performance and recording situations. The ability to run the C1000S MK IV is a huge advantage, as you’ve got all the sonic advantages of a condenser mic in a sleek, sturdy and portable package.
- Battery status LED for reliable monitoring of remaining battery life
- Can be powered by internal 9 V battery or by phantom power (9-52 V DC)
- PPC 1000 allows the microphone to be switched from cardioid to hypercardioid pickup pattern
- Presence Boost Adapter PB 1000 is included for high-end enhancement
- W 1000 Foam Windscreen, SA63 Stand Adapter, PPC1000 Polar Pattern Converter, PB1000 Presence Boost Adapter and Carrying Case included
- Polar pattern: Cardioid, or hypercardioid (with PPC 1000 attached)
- Frequency range: 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 6 mV/Pa (-44 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 137 dB (k=1%)
- Equivalent noise level (CCIR 468-3): 32 dB
- Equivalent noise level: 21 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 73 dB
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >=2.000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 9 to 52 V phantom power to DIN 45596 or internal 9 V battery (6F 22)
- Current consumption approx. : 2 mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: Matte silver enamel
- Dimensions: 34 dia. x 220 mm / 1.4 dia. x 8.7 in.
- Net weight: 320 g / 11.3 oz.
- Shipping weight: 650 g / 1.4 lbs.
Roland RMC-B15 Black Microphone Cable, 15ft/4.5m
AKG K92 Closed-Back Headphones
Presonus AudioBox iTwo Audio Interface
Universal Audio Volt 276 Audio Interface
Tiger MCA34 Microphone Boom Stand with Bag, Black
Stagg SMC3XP Female XLR to Mono Jack Cable 3m/10ft, Black
Stagg SMC6 XLR Microphone Cable 6m/20ft, Black