AKG K92 Closed-Back Headphones
Overview by GAK
The AKG K Series is one of our best selling headphones ranges. They represent outstanding value for money, combining a durable, comfortable design with a clear, detailed sound that works well for casual listening and music creation applications.
Designed to meet the stringent requirements of recording musicians, producers and engineers on a budget, the AKG K92 delivers legendary AKG sound quality with exceptional comfort.
Topping the range, the AKG K92 leverages the benefits of the K72 while extending the high-frequency performance to 22 kHz. It also adds a gold-plated screw-on adapter plug to reduce the opportunity for oxidation and ensure top performance over time. These enhancements make the K92 the premium model for professional recording and monitoring applications.
Featuring highly sensitive, high output 40mm drivers, each set of headphones in the range feature a wide frequency response for a detailed, balanced sound as well as low impedance for compatibility with personal music players as well as professional gear. With a closed-back design eliminating audio bleed and preserving privacy, their ergonomic, self-adjusting headband and over-ear design provide comfort during marathon listening sessions.
Overview by AKG
Mix and master your tracks with uninhibited clarity with the AKG K92 over-ear, closed-back headphones.
Professional-grade 40mm drivers reveal even the subtlest nuances, so you can be confident your mix will translate accurately on any system. Whether you’re fine-tuning track levels within the mix or mastering the final product, the self-adjusting headband and lightweight design will provide hours of comfort.
Designed by the company whose mics and headphones have helped create some of the world’s most iconic recordings, the durable K92 is a serious headphone that delivers great sound in the studio and beyond.
- Precisely balanced response provides reference-monitor accuracy
- Professional 40mm drivers for extended 16Hz - 20kHz frequency response
- Over-ear design and lightweight construction for exceptional comfort
- Closed-back design maximizes isolation
- Self-adjusting headband ensures perfect fit
- Professional build quality 3m (9.8') cable
- 3.5mm (1/8") gold-plated plug with gold-plated 6.3mm (1/4") screw-on adapter
- Did your recording sound great in the studio but you regret playing it for your friends in the car? If so, you need an accurate monitoring solution to expose problems right away. Our K92 headphones deliver authoritative, extended low-frequency response that gives definition to kick drums and bass guitars. At the same time, the detailed yet precisely balanced high-frequency response reveals the nuance in vocals, guitars and acoustic instruments. The K92 headphones confirm your critical creative decisions, so you know when your track's ready for prime time.
- Wondering how it's possible to get such great sound from affordable headphones? When it comes to audio quality, driver size and weight are critical, especially in the lower frequencies. The K92's generous 40mm drivers deliver the highest sensitivity and widest frequency response of the K52 and K72 - resulting in powerful output that reveals every detail. The K92s also feature a low-impedance design for compatibility with a broad range of playback devices, from professional studio gear to portable music players. Our engineers leveraged their extensive expertise to optimize every single component-delivering a great set of headphones without compromise.
- Whether you're tracking, mixing or mastering, you need to focus to perform at your best. The K92 headphones' closed-back design eliminates audio leakage and delivers sound to your ears only. The mic won't pick up the sound of the click track in your headphones - and you'll always be able to mix and master peacefully without being distracted by outside noise.
- This exceptional level of audio isolation is due to a new acoustic chamber, which sits between the ear cup and the hinge that connects to the headband. Our innovative design gives you the freedom to move your head in any direction, without letting sound in or out. With the K92, you'll enjoy a private workspace, no matter where you choose to create.
- AKG is known for making professional-grade gear that can stand the test of time, and the K92 headphones are no exception. We put them through extreme testing and abuse to ensure they'll handle anything you throw at them: Our regimen of drop-tests simulates exaggerated falls. Gold-plated connections and 80,000 cable bend cycles - at both end points - ensure the cable won't break or underperform. And intensive driver testing - a prolonged series of 3W bursts every half second - means that the drivers won't fail when you really need them.
- Since ear pads are often the first components to show wear, we made them replaceable to protect your investment over time. With exceptional performance and elegant design to match, the K92 is built for pros.
No upgrades available
Good for the price.
Comfortable, great sound. Great price. Not a hifi buff, I just like my music
The product is excellent. Good clear sound even when cutting the grass with a petrol mower. As far as I can see, after a short time, headphones well made and sturdy.
Only had them a few days no regret will write a more detailed review later.
Amazing headphones, crisp, beautiful, and perfect for the studio