Arturia DrumBrute Overview By GAK
Providing 17 distinct, fully analog drum and percussion instruments with an intuitive sequencer, massive connectivity, a two-mode Steiner-Parker filter, and dynamic performance controls, DrumBrute will take your beat production to the next level.
Create energetic and exciting drum beats with a single, user-friendly device. With its vast sonic potential and smooth workflow, DrumBrute meets and exceeds the expectations of demanding musicians. Bridging the gap between inspiration and technology, DrumBrute offers punchy analog drum sounds, advanced 64 step / 64 pattern sequencing possibilities and ultra-effective performance controls.
Create your perfect kit using the best analog sounds
Every single one of the seventeen drum & percussion parts is 100% analog, and carries the savage DNA of the Brute synth family. DrumBrute is fully polyphonic, so all of its sounds can be played simultaneously and twisted by the nasty two-mode 12dB Steiner-Parker filter.
Soft, sharp, pure, trashy, or devastating... DrumBrute lets you create an exciting, personal sound palette that will electrify your music.
Absolute Rhythm Mastermind
Big sounds without the big budget
A collection of 17 distinct analog drum instruments; an advanced 64-step drum sequencer with song mode; a polyrhythmic, step-repeat glitch machine; a performance powerhouse and sequence looper. DrumBrute is all of this. It can also act as your creative hub, as its vast connectivity allows you to output different sections of your mix separately, and connect to all your existing studio & performance gear with USB, MIDI, and Clock I/O.
More than the sum of its parts, DrumBrute combines the technical perfection of studio gear with the excitement of a playable instrument
The most important aspect of any instrument is its sound. Here are some examples of how DrumBrute performs in a variety of different styles and genres.
Thanks to its fully analog architecture, DrumBrute's sounds can be tweaked and modified to suit your taste, helping you achieve the perfect tone for your track.
- Main Features
- 17 pure analog drum sounds:
- -Kick 1, kick 2, snare, clap, hi-hat 1, hi-hat 2, conga hi, conga low, tom hi, tom low, maracas, rimshot, clave, tambourine, cymbal, reverse cymbal, zap.
- Wide-range controls allow for many new and unique sounds.
- 2 different flavors of kick drums
- Our unique analog Reverse Cymbal
- 64 patterns with up to 64 steps each
- Separate accent per drum
- Song mode for chaining patterns
- Pattern effects:
- -Swing that can be global or per instrument
- -Randomness per instrument for generating variations.
- -Pattern Looper for beat repeat functions
- Steiner Parker output filter with bypass
- Multiple sync options:
- 1PPS, 2PPQ, DIN24, DIN48
- USB MIDI interface
- Individual audio outputs
- Headphone output with both 3.5mm and 1/4” jacks
- Create polyrhythms:
- -Each drum track can be a separate length.
- Workflow on overdrive
- Every feature and detail in DrumBrute has been designed to amplify your creative flow. Producing? DrumBrute makes shaping your sound and building your rhythmic patterns a breeze. Performing? DrumBrute gives you massive connectivity and vital control. Every function is immediately accessible from the front panel. No dropdown menu, no waste of time.
- More playing, less planning
- Let’s take a closer look at what DrumBrute has to offer...
- 1. 17 Pure analog drum sounds
- All analog, all the time. Two flavors of kick drums, wide-ranging snare and clap settings, two hi-hats with separate tone and decay controls, and more. The DrumBrute offers a wider sound palette than any other analog drum machine on the market.
- 2. 64 patterns with up to 64 steps
- Easily create your own patterns by using the STEP and ACCENT buttons or play them in real-time from the pads. The looper lets you instantly modify your beat and create real-time pattern effects, making this the perfect performance drum machine.
- 3. 16 Songs
- Make your own song by chaining up to sixteen patterns.
- 4. Swing
- Swing can be global or per drum. This gives your music a feel and groove that will light up the dance floors.
- 5. Randomness
- Randomness can be applied to all instruments globally or to individual tracks. This ranges from adding small variations to change the feel, to huge variations generating crazy, random patterns for more experimental music.
- 6. Output filter
- The Steiner-Parker filter on the output allows you to create interesting sweeps and do on-the-fly tricks like dropping out the bass and emphasizing the highs, ready to kick in the low end at a moment’s notice.
- 7. Sync to the world
- DrumBrute can sync to external MIDI devices, vintage sequencers using DIN sync, modular synths with 1PPS clock and to a computer via USB. The DrumBrute is made to be the rhythm center of your production setup.
- 8. Headphone outputs
- 3.5mm and 1/4” outputs allow you direct connection with any kind of headphone.
- 9. Individual outputs
- You can listen to and mix all your drums via the MIX output or you can remove them from the mix by connecting to the individual outs. This allows for external processing of each sound.
- 10. Connectivity
- With USB, MIDI, and our trademark clock & DIN sync I/O, you can connect to almost any device on the market today.
- 11. Power input
- 12V DC input powers the amazing sound of this drum machine. The strain-relief T-bar will prevent your DrumBrute’s power from accidentally disconnecting.
No upgrades available
Nice kit, thanks
Loving this drum machine.
I haven't really put the drumbrute through its paces yet, what I can tell you if you want that hard distorted 909 gabber sound this is the brute for you
Fantastic bit of kit, very Analogue in its sounds (808) with a great deal of versatility. Good large footprint and solidly built – you can feel the quality in the unit as a whole and the sounds it produces. Very easy to program.