Boss Waza Craft TAE Tube Amp Expander
Bringing together a diverse range of professional tone tools for the very first time, the Boss Waza Tube Amp Expander elevates the tube amp experience to a new level of versatility for stage performing and studio recording. This amazing device does it all—it’s a variable reactive load box, active analog power stage, mic’d cab simulator, IR loader, and recording interface, all in one integrated unit that’s road-ready and easy to use.
Backed by our advanced Tube Logic approach, you’re able to crank your amp to its sweet spot and play at any volume while faithfully retaining the core tone and feel you love. And with extensive connectivity, built-in BOSS effects, 10 fully customisable rig setups, and deep real-time control, you have unparalleled creative command for any scenario. Packed to the max with breakthrough BOSS innovations, the Waza Tube Amp Expander is an essential companion for every tube amp player.
- First-of-its-kind tube amp command center, built with Waza expertise and the Tube Logic design approach
- Advanced variable reactive load circuit with discrete analog components supports tube amps up to 150 watts
- User-adjustable impedance tuning correctly matches the reactive load to your amp, retaining its natural tone, dynamic feel, and distortion characteristics
- 10 recallable rig settings for storing favorite setups
- Deep real-time performance control via GA-FC/FS-series footswitches and MIDI I/O
- Built-in 100-watt Class AB power amplifier with discrete analog design and seamless volume control
- Powerful DSP section with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Customizable stereo effects with premium tone quality: compressor, delay, reverb, and four EQs
- Seven mic’d cabinet emulations with five selectable mic types, plus four slots for loading user speaker IRs
- External effects loop with selectable series/parallel operation and control jack for switching amp channels
- Parallel speaker outputs for connecting up to two cabs for gigging
- Balanced XLR line outputs (mono and L/R stereo) for connecting to FOH console, stage monitors, and recording devices
- Headphones output for quiet practice with cranked-up amp tones
- Dedicated editor software (Mac/Windows)
- USB for direct audio recording and editor communication
No upgrades available
Genuinely an amazing product. I did a lot of research and finally settled on the Boss TAE, it’s awesome. I use it in at least four different ways: a power amp for my modeller, an attenuator for my 100w head, a clean volume boost/effects loop for my 15w handwired combo and a silent recording device. Using the speaker out on the TAE into a cab actually makes it sound better because of the EQ and compression in the signal chain. So it’s not just as good at attenuated or boosted volumes, it’s better! The stock IRs are perfect for my recording sound, no need for me to upload my own. I could go on…
Still getting to grip with the TAE, but initial impressions are waaaaaay good. Firstly, it's constructed like the beautiful, high-end piece of hi-fi that it is. Secondly, it's very easy to use out of the box whilst also being super-configurable - if that's your thing and once you have connected it to your PC or Mac. Thirdly, it sounds great and is a breeze to record with. Not cheap, even at the price GAK are currently selling it for (£150 less than some of the competition when I bought mine), but a really solid bit of kit. Waza-tastic!
Just a brilliant piece of kit and the best loadbox I’ve used. Beats Two Notes and Webber. Would definitely recommend to any tone sensitive tube amp aficionados
Great product brings out the best in your tube amp at neighbour friendly volumes !!!!
I have a wonderful Top Hat Club Royal 1x12 combo, but it's just too loud for home playing. The TAE really works and I've got the sound I want within seconds of plugging it in! All the characteristics of the real amp are retained - the sweet spots for clean, crunch, heavier overdrive, use with pedals, the natural tube compression, it all works the same, just at a lower volume, whether using the combo 1x12 speaker, headphones or studio monitors. In addition, the reactive load and cab sims allow me to play through simulations of other cabs like a Marshall 4x12 or a Fender Bassman and they all sound great and realistic. Add in the direct recording facility to a DAW via USB and the TAE is a fantastic product. I deliberated over this purchase for some months but there was no need - it has exceeded expectations.