Cordoba Orchestra Classical (Cedar)
The Orchestra belongs to Cordoba’s Fusion series, a line of high quality crossover or hybrid style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. The Orchestra is the first full body model in the Fusion series, and the only acoustic model. Although the Orchestra is full-bodied, its shape is slightly altered from that of a traditional nylon string guitar, accented by a light mahogany binding. Like the other Fusion models, the Orchestra’s neck is carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style "classical" guitars, and has a nut width of 48mm or 1 7/8". These slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Fusion series guitars the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional "classical" nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns in the design.
The Orchestra is built with the classic combination of a solid European spruce or Canadian cedar top and Indian rosewood back and sides. The neck has 12 frets to the body and an ebony fingerboard. The bridge and headstock overlay are made of rosewood, and the rosette is hand inlaid using maple and rosewood rings. With mahogany binding and a high gloss PU finish, the Orchestra is the perfect blend of traditional materials with modern aesthetic touches. A deluxe Cordoba gig bag is included as well.
Cordoba’s Fusion series was first to effectively merge the feel of a steel string with the tone of a "classical" guitar, and with a variety of wood options and finishes is the most comprehensive line of crossover style nylon string hybrids on the market.
- Top Solid European spruce or Canadian cedar
- Back & Sides Indian rosewood
- Binding/Bridge Mahogany binding/Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay 3 ply maple and ebony top, back, and side purfling
- Rosette All natural inlaid wood rings
- Finish High gloss PU finish
- Neck/Fingerboard Mahogany neck/Ebony radiused fingerboard /Fusion Style Neck
- Truss Rod Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length 650mm (25.6")
- Nut Width 48mm (1 7/8")
- String Spacing at Saddle 59mm
- Fret Marker Inlays Mother-of-Pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Nut/Saddle Bone
- Number of Frets 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build Spanish fan bracing
- Body Width & Length 275mm (10.8") at upper bout, 365mm (14.4") at lower bout
- Overall Length 38.75"
- Body Depth 98mm (3.9") at upper bout, 99mm (3.9") at lower bout
- Tuning Machines Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
- Strings Savarez Corum Alliance High Tension, 500AJ
- Electronics NA*
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard NA
- Case Cordoba gig bag