Epiphone Extura Prophecy, Yellow Tiger Aged Gloss
The Epiphone Extura has combined the narrower waist and elegance of the Gibson Explorer body with the deeper cutaway and improved upper fret access of the Gibson Futura to make a sleek, modern guitar perfect for metal guitarists. The Epiphone Extura Prophecy is kitted out with a pair of Fishman Fluence pickups, which are one of the standout features - they have three different voicing options - high gain, classic humbucker, and a hum-free California-style single-coil sound.
Other notable features include a 24 fret ebony fingerboard with jumbo frets, which have block and triangle inlays made from pearloid/abalone to complement the body colour and give a subtle edge to the guitar, a mahogany, asymmetrical SlimTaper neck with a contoured heel for easier and more comfortable access to the higher frets, brushed nickel hardware, a black Graph Tech NuBone nut to increase tuning stability, harmonics, tone, and volume, Grover locking rotomatic tuners, custom binding, and Epiphone’s LockTone Tune-O-Matic bridge and tailpiece for added sustain.
The Epiphone Extura Prophecy is available in Yellow Tiger Aged Gloss or Purple Tiger Aged Gloss with AAA figured maple top, or Black Aged Gloss in a plain top. Case sold separately.
The newly reimagined Epiphone Prophecy collection features iconic Inspired by Gibson body shapes with a modern twist for players seeking to break tradition and set new standards in speed, sound, and technique. The new Extura body style combines the Gibson Explorer with the narrower waist and deeper cutaway of the Gibson Futura. Front-and-center is a pair of custom voiced Fishman Fluence pickups that deliver three distinct tones - a warm Gibson BurstBucker/"Patent Applied For" vintage humbucker, hot modern humbucker, and a shimmering hum-free, slightly overwound single-coil sound, all accessed by push/pull Volume and Tone pots. The Prophecy Extura also includes Grover locking Rotomatic tuners, Epiphone's LockTone Tune-O-Matic bridge and tailpiece for added sustain, a Graph Tech NuBone nut that boosts harmonic content and increases tuning stability, custom binding, ebony fretboard, jumbo frets, and an asymmetrical SlimTaper neck with a contoured heel for comfort and speed. Available in a AAA figured maple top in Yellow Tiger Aged Gloss or Purple Tiger Aged Gloss, and a plain top in Black Aged Gloss. Case sold separately.
- NECK NECK
- Material Mahogany
- Profile Asymmetrical SlimTaper with Contoured Heel
- Scale Length 24.724"
- Fingerboard Material Ebony, Single Ply White binding
- Fingerboard Radius 12.01"
- Number Of Frets 24
- Frets Jumbo
- Nut Material Black Graph Tech NuBone
- Nut Width 1.693"
- Inlays Block and Triangle; Abalone compliments body color
- Joint Glued in
- BODY BODY
- Body Shape Extura
- Body Material Mahogany
- Top AAA Flame Maple veneer
- Binding Single Ply White
- Finish Aged Gloss
- HARDWARE HARDWARE
- Finish Brushed Nickel
- Tuner Plating Brushed Nickel
- Bridge LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece LockTone Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines Grover Locking Rotomatic
- TrussRod Dual Action
- Truss Rod Cover 2-Ply (B/W), 3-Hole Bell
- Control Knobs Knurled Metal, Brushed Nickel
- Switch Tip Black
- Switchwasher None
- Jack Plate Cover Brushed Nickel plated metal square
- Plastic Parts Black; PVC
- Control Covers Black; PVC, back plate with battery compartment
- Strap Buttons 2 - bottom and shoulder, Brushed Nickel
- Mounting Rings Black; PVC
- Pickup Covers Brushed Nickel
- ELECTRONICS ELECTRONICS
- Neck Pickup Fishman Fluence Proprietary
- Bridge Pickup Fishman Fluence Proprietary
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone - push/pull switches for pickup voicing options
- Pickup Selector 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Output Jack Epiphone Heavy Duty 1/4"
- MISCELLANEOUS MISCELLANEOUS
- Strings .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046