EVH 5150 III 50W EL34 Head
EVH 5150III 50W EL34 head overview by GAK
Independent volume and gain control for all three channels has arrived with the 5150III® 50W EL34 head. Experience total control, along with the same lethal looks and ferocious EL34 tone of the 100-Watt head.
The EL34 power tubes deliver smoother contours, and greater sag and saturation that evoke a more modern “British” sound, all with more sustain and versatility than ever before. Channel one boasts a more sparkling and compressed clean tone, while channels two and three possess a slightly darker and
compressed tone with even more saturation than before.
Other features include a rear-panel resonance control that tailors low-frequency response for all channels, a global presence control and shared three-band EQ for channels 1 and 2 with an independent EQ for channel 3.
Wrapped in an elegant gold and black EVH® motif, the EL34 50-watt head also is equipped with an effects loop, headphone jack, pre-amp out and midi-in.
- Series: EVH® 5150III®
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Inputs: One - 1/4”
- Channels: Three - (Clean, Crunch and Lead)
- Controls: Channel 1 Independent Volume and Gain w/ shared Low, Mid, and
- High, Channel 2 Independent Volume and Gain with shared Low,
- Mid, and High, Channel 3 Independent Volume, Gain, Low, Mid,
- and High EQ, with Global Presence and Resonance for all
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4” Parallel (4-ohm minimum)
- Wattage: 50 Watts at 4, 8, or 16 ohms
- Preamp Tubes: 7 x JJ ECC83S (12AX7)
- Power Tubes: 2 x JJ EL34 Matched
- Cabinet Material: Birch Plywood
- Covering/Grille Cloth: Black Textured Vinyl
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Black Powder Coated Caps
- Knobs: Chicken-Head Style Pointer
- Control Panel: Gold Anodized
- Pilot Light Jewel: Red LED
- Included Accessories: 4 Button Channel Footswitch
Amazing sounding amp, some people complain about the blue channel on the El34 but that can be fixed by clipping the c137. You can check that on YouTube. However I do like the blue channel as it is.
Absolutely metal monster sound is insane many people thinks is on EL34 valves then is sound more British but thats all wrong those valves have modern sound never heard better metal amp in my life worth every penny specially red chanell is a killer clean chanell is lot better then is 6L6 version EVHEL34 is ahead of game compare to others more expenisve amps.
This amp is excellent, having owned the 6l6 version and now this version I do not believe there is a better 50 watt amp on the market. The addition of concentric gain and volume for the blue and green channel make this amp more versatile than its predecessor. The clean can be clean or if you wish slightly broken up. The red channel is fat and has more gain than you could ever use, it’s also so tight. The blue channel is nothing like the 6l6 version. It is more of a hot rod Marshall tone so please take this into account, it is nothing like the 6l6 blue channel. All in all a very versatile rock/metal amp that every metal player should own.