Fender Player Lead II Maple Fingerboard, Black
Fender Player Lead II Overview.
The Fender Player Series has been a great success due to it's great build quality, affordability and it's visually aesthetic appearance. This year the Offset Series of guitars and basses has been given a revamp and incorporated into the Player Series to offer you even more choice from this great range. Models such as the Fender Player Mustang 90 available in Aged Natural, Burgundy Mist Metallic and Seafoam Green, The Fender Player Lead Series available as a Single Coil (Lead II) or Humbucker (Lead III) version in six great colours such as Neon Green, Metallic Purple and Sienna Sunburst to name a few. A nod back to '79 when the Original Lead series was released onto the market! The Fender Player Duo-Sonic and Fender Player Duo-Sonic HS are now available in a range of new colours including the very popular Tidepool and Seafoam Green. For the bass players we have the incredibly popular Fender Player Mustang Bass PJ in three great new colours. Sienna Sunburst, Aged Natural and the very cool Firemist Gold!
In response to high-quality, low-priced import guitars, Fender created the Lead Series in 1979, featuring a new solid-body design, hard-tail bridges and cool new wiring options. Appealing to a wide variety of players, the sleek new Lead models kicked off a fresh creative era in Fender’s history.
The Player Lead II is an homage to those late 70's models, featuring dual-slanted Player series single coil pickups, a modern "C" neck shape with medium jumbo frets, dual-toggle switches (one for pickup selection, one for phase-reverse), and of course that unique Lead double-cutaway shape. Available in Neon Green, as well as vintage-correct Crimson Red Transparent and Black.
The Player Lead Series offers style, power and versatility in a comfortable, easy-to-play package.
Fender Player Lead II Specs:
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Body Shape: Lead
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape: Modern C Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Position Inlays: Dot
- Truss Rods: Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Player Series Alnico 5 Strat Single-Coil
- Middle Pickup:
- Neck Pickup: Player Series Alnico 5 Strat Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Hardtail with Block Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
- Pickguard: 3 Ply
- Control Knobs: Knurled
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Lead
- Bridge 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Bridge Pickup Player Series Alnico 5 Strat® Single-Coil
- Commodity Code 9207901000
- Configuration SS
- Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Country Of Origin MX
- Fingerboard Maple or Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fret Size Medium Jumbo
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Headstock Stratocaster®
- Neck Construction 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Finish Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Pickup Player Series Alnico 5 Strat Single-Coil
- Neck Shape Modern "C"
- Number of Frets 22
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Orientation Right-Hand
- Pickguard 3-Ply Black
- Pickup Configuration SS
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Position Inlays Black or White Dot
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Series Player
- String Nut Synthetic Bone
- Strings Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Tuning Machines Fender® Vintage "F" Stamped