Gibson Thunderbird Bass, Tobacco Burst
Gibson Thunderbird Bass, Tobacco Burst Overview.
The Gibson Thunderbird has the classic reverse body and headstock design as originally introduced in 1963 as Gibson's first neck-through-body bass design. The traditional 9-ply mahogany/walnut neck through body construction provides a thundering low end response and a piano like sustain. The narrow nut width and rounded neck profile neck feels both fast and intuitive. The Thunderbird high output, ceramic magnet loaded humbucking pickups (neck and bridge) deliver the sonic and iconic low end voice for which the Thunderbird is known. Available in 2 classic finishes: Tobacco Burst and Ebony.
- Material 9-ply Mahogany/Walnut
- Profile Rounded
- Scale Length 34"
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Number Of Frets 20
- Frets Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material Graph Tech
- Nut Width 1.5"
- End of Board Width 2.32"
- Inlays Acrylic Dots
- Body Material Mahogany
- WeightRelief None
- Finish Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Finish Chrome
- Bridge 3-Point Adjustable
- Tuning Machines Grover Bass Keys
- Pickguard White 3-ply
- Control Knobs Black Tophats w/ Silver Inserts
- Neck Pickup Rhythm T-Bird
- Bridge Pickup Lead T-Bird
- Controls 2 Volumes & 1 Master Tone
- Strings .045, .065, .085, .105
- Case Hard Shell Case
- Accessories Includes Gibson Accessory Kit